Keyboard Stands

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
nvining
Gear: CS80, Chroma, Synclavier, DK Synergy II+, Matrix 12, Memorymoog+, CS20m, Clavinet, AlphaSyntauri, Korg Micropreset, Lexicon 480L, Otari RADAR

Keyboard Stands

Post by nvining » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:02 pm

I need a keyboard stand that can hold the weight of my CS80. I would *like* a keyboard stand where I can mount something sizeable yet more modern overtop of the CS80 as a second keyboard (say, the Solaris or something). Right now I'm using a Broder industrial shelving unit from IKEA, but the damn things have been discontinued (and if anybody has any angled brackets for the L shaped configuration and shelves, I am happy to buy them off of you, BTW - the thing is fabulous), but I am trying to make my studio not suck this year and would like to clean things up.

So! What are you using with two stands that can hold about 300 lbs?
"We have to remember that Moogs, ARPs and all of the first synths had been created by raging madmen." - Jean-Michael Jarre

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Keyboard Stands

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:12 am

I've never needed a stand to hold that much weight and I can't think of any off the shelf keyboard stands that could do it.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

nvining
Gear: CS80, Chroma, Synclavier, DK Synergy II+, Matrix 12, Memorymoog+, CS20m, Clavinet, AlphaSyntauri, Korg Micropreset, Lexicon 480L, Otari RADAR

Post by nvining » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 am

I mean, I *can* weld something; alternately, I can get something like a mitre saw stand or other construction equipment and adapt that to fit the purpose. I would also be interested to hear from people who have done things like that.
"We have to remember that Moogs, ARPs and all of the first synths had been created by raging madmen." - Jean-Michael Jarre

the synthman

Post by the synthman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Do they not come with legs/stand?

nvining

Post by nvining » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Its legs disappeared a long time ago, I'm afraid.

nvining

Post by nvining » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:16 am

For the edification of all: the winner is the Onstage KS-3765-EJ. I put the CS80 on the bottom, and presently a Solaris on the top, and it seems to have held up so far. (It's rated for 400 lbs, so you could probably put a Novachord on it.)