Recommendations after Virus Ti

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Re: Recommendations after Virus Ti

Post by BlackGnosis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

richradio2001 wrote:hey all

I'm looking for some ideas for potential replacement of my Virus Ti.

Whilst I love the Virus I do sometimes feel its starting to sound a little dated and that it might be time to part with it. I'm looking for the following kind of feature-set

- a synth that has FAT analogue sounds (I know the virus is pretty good here) - but is there something better?
- has bright sounds, strings, pads to die for!
- Something that has a great, versatile ARP feature
- Will need a decent sized keyboard (5 octaves ideally) that can be split, i.e. multitimbral.
- well-built but not massively heavy (like the virus is!!!)
- great, intuitive, hands-on interface. I'm not into digital LED panels really, so I'm thinking VA ideally (I love the balance the Ti gives in this respect).
- price: probably no more than £1000 (can be second hand) but I would consider more if there is a good reason I should!

Any thoughts? I feel the Virus does most of the above pretty well....but it is getting old, and I'm sure there must be something out there to rival it now!

Cheers people!

:)

R.
If you want a more portable virus, why not trade or buy a desktop version? Or a snow? Personally if some one offered me a trade for my desktop for a keyboard version, I'd leap on it because I like big heavy keyboards and no longer need to be highly mobile.

If you want a virus, get a virus. If you want things like a virus... You're talking about a laptop full of VST's then. Cause that's all a virus really is. A hardware device running a VST on USB 1.1 into a computer (Mines set up to be s;laved to my DAW and I take raw audio in via its outputs, better quality recordings.)
Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.