Eurorack cases

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Swayze
Gear: Mono/Poly, JX3P, AX80, SQ80, DX7, DX7IIFDE!, AN1x, TG77, EX8000, Microbrute, Behringer D, Eurorack, Drumtraks, TR-08

Eurorack cases

Post by Swayze » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 am

I'm starting a modular system. Since my space is limited, I've decided to go with eurorack instead of dotcom. I also like the variety of modules available in euro and would like a little bit of everything from pittsburgh to doepfer to make noise, etc.

I really like the Pittsburgh Modular Structure EP-208 Eurorack Enclosure, but I'm not sure it's worth the $700 price tag. That seems like a lot for a case, but I AM looking for plenty of room to expand and multiple power options for different manufacturers' modules, which that case seems to offer. Plus it looks dead sexy.

Before I pull the trigger I just wanted to see if there are any other cases I should consider. I just started looking so I'm sure I've missed a few. I wouldn't be opposed to building one myself for less money. I'd appreciate any advice yall might have. Thanks in advance.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Eurorack cases

Post by pflosi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:11 am

There's a million and one cases out there. Check this list:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 46&start=0

If you're wondering about prices, power is essential for modular. You can have a long good read about it all here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=105030

Cheers :drinks:

Swayze
Gear: Mono/Poly, JX3P, AX80, SQ80, DX7, DX7IIFDE!, AN1x, TG77, EX8000, Microbrute, Behringer D, Eurorack, Drumtraks, TR-08

Re: Eurorack cases

Post by Swayze » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you for the links pflosi, that's exactly what I was looking for.