Arturia's Keylabs ?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
ian
Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Arturia's Keylabs ?

Post by ian » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Are they really so bad? Hearing bad things about the key beds and breaking keys... On paper they look perfect for my needs. Really need to make a midi controller descision soon but I am over/ underwhelmed by everything. Have they gotten better?

M3M3Z89

Re: Arturia's Keylabs ?

Post by M3M3Z89 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:57 am

Same exact problem here.
Although they look sturdy, and I expected Arturia's build quality to be top notch (I've owned a minibrute not long ago and it was absolutely flawless) I read a LOT of bad reviews when I was just about to buy one, so I held back.
It's a shame because they look like a great fit for someone (like me) who is looking for a MIDI controller with synth- like mapping, a good collection of analog and retro sounds (AnalogLab) and integration with live...
Anyone here who owned a keylab for a while and is actually happy/willing to recommend it?