What poly-synths can have separate envelopes per voice?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Re: What poly-synths can have separate envelopes per voice?

Post by ranzee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:12 pm

If the OP wants analog, the ESQ-1 has analog curtis filters

synthRodriguez
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Moog - Roland - Yamaha

Post by synthRodriguez » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Brik wrote:Surly there has to be more?!
There are, and don't call me surly.

Oops. Wait...

Baus

Post by Baus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:59 pm

JeEA wrote:Akai timbra Wolf allows 4 different sounds so chords Can have
individual sounds for each jet if that is what You mean.
It is a 4 voice analog synth with different voice config and sequencer
It Can be 4 mono sounds on different midi channels as Well.
The esq-1 Can not do that however akais synth engine i rather small

Cheers
Jens
The ESQ-1 can very well do that. Like I mentioned before....the ESQ-1 has 3 OSC per patch, each with their own ENV and a Filter ENV for all 3 at the end. It's an 8 voice polyphonic synth...so...layer 2 patches and you'll have a 4 Voice 6 OSC's each with their own ENV and 2 sets of Filter ENV's synth.

moremagic
Gear: electribe er-1, sp-303, sp-404sx, s612, nuo 2, sl-1200 mk ii, beatstep, eurorack, tb-03, vx-99

Post by moremagic » Sun May 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Baus wrote:
JeEA wrote:Akai timbra Wolf allows 4 different sounds so chords Can have
individual sounds for each jet if that is what You mean.
It is a 4 voice analog synth with different voice config and sequencer
It Can be 4 mono sounds on different midi channels as Well.
The esq-1 Can not do that however akais synth engine i rather small

Cheers
Jens
No, the ESQ-1 can't do what is being described here, which is having multitimbrality equal to the polyphony of the synth in question. The ESQ-1 has an interesting architecture and a versatile sound but 8 part multitimbral it is not.
The ESQ-1 can very well do that. Like I mentioned before....the ESQ-1 has 3 OSC per patch, each with their own ENV and a Filter ENV for all 3 at the end. It's an 8 voice polyphonic synth...so...layer 2 patches and you'll have a 4 Voice 6 OSC's each with their own ENV and 2 sets of Filter ENV's synth.

wizardmix

Post by wizardmix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 am

I second the Vermona Perfourmer MKII -- It IS ABSOLUTELY a polysynth with four completely independent monosynths that can work together or stand alone in a multitude of ways. It is very much like the Oberheim 4-Voice. It's stereo and each monosyth can pan independently. You have two polyphonic modes, two duophonic modes and two monophonic or "unison" modes where all synths fire at once. While there is a master volume and a master relative tune, each of the four monosynths can be tuned independently. Each has it's own 24db low pass filter, each has it's own assignable LFO, each has it's own assignable ASDR envelopes that can modulate Amplitude, Filter Cutoff and/or pitch modulation (think THX for that last one)... It will do things the Oberheim SEMs wont do as well. Like FM or noise generation or independant glides, or aftertouch capabilities, etc. I too wanted a 4-voice but couldn't afford one, that's how I found and bought the Vermona. It's spendy but you won't be disappointed by the stability, build quality, versatility, extreme manual control and best of all, the sound.