Mixing advice please,plugins, tips etc

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Mixing advice please,plugins, tips etc

Postby Factory all stars » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi all,i am new to all this as am firstly a guitarist,but was also brought up/lived through the acid house scene of latde 80s/early 90s England, just need some advice,i have ableton[steep learning curve haha] ms 20 mini, vermona mono lancet,PG8X and TAL UNO 62[ABL3 bass synth incoming], I can make tunes up no sweat,80s acid house,early 80s electro,Terminator style stuff,but have trouble mixing it to give it more of a retro feel[Com Truise type vibe], etc, and wonder what plugins would I be needing,compressor for drums?, EQ?etc,Also want it to sound warmer, maybe a tape emulator plugin? I know there is effects in ableton[I have lite btw,free with my soundcard] but apart from glue,and tape,dont like the effects,am also guessing there is better ones than glue and tape out there haha, CHEERS
Factory all stars

Gear: ms 20 mini ,sq1,,tr33, Gibson 330,Gibson sg,fender deluxe reverb vermona mono lancet,melodica,various and copious effects pedals,jx3p
Band: Stockholme Syndrome

Return to Software Synthesizers