Gadget for Mac Le

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Gadget for Mac Le

Post by Walter Ego » Tue May 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Has anyone downloaded the Le version of Gadget for Mac? It's free. It only includes 5 gadgets, but whatever. I can't find an actual list of features. When I click on some of the setting buttons (i.e. "Scale"), the features flash but disappear. Is there a way to activate the Arp in the Le version?

I really like Gadget but I'm probably not alone in holding back on dropping $199 (and that's the promo rate) for a $30 iPad app that I can use on my laptop, too.

The Le version includes:
London (sampled drums)
Dublin (MS-20)
Phoenix (OB-8)
Marseille (Akai Sampler)
Chicago (bass synth)

kind of limited but great for a free high quality song sketch pad.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

desmond

Re: Gadget for Mac Le

Post by desmond » Wed May 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Yep, I downloaded it and had only a very quick play.

The scale button brings up a popup with scale and arp settings for me.

The "1" key turns the arpeggiator on or off, as listed in the keyboard shortcuts documentation and the manual, which should be the first places to look for features etc.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Hm. Those little pop-up menus won't stay visible for me for some reason. I can't save any of the patches. I had a hard time finding the manual/documentation for some reason, but it's probably just me being a dope. I figured out the 1 and 2 keys for Arp on and Chord on, but that's about all.

With a couple days of playing, I can say I still really like the workflow--it feels exactly like the iOS version but it's nice to have everything on screen at once. The Le is quite limited, but it's still powerful even with only five instruments and five channels. Can't export audio, though.

It's certainly a tease, but I can't blame Korg for severely limiting the free version. But if I can sort of construct tracks on a laptop and pick them back up on the iPad, I might be able to get away without paying for the full version.

EDIT: Updated my OS and now the menus don't disappear and I can at least save my patches.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

desmond

Post by desmond » Wed May 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Walter Ego wrote:Hm. Those little pop-up menus won't stay visible for me for some reason. I can't save any of the patches.
Does your system conform to the system requirements?
Walter Ego wrote:I had a hard time finding the manual/documentation for some reason, but it's probably just me being a dope. I figured out the 1 and 2 keys for Arp on and Chord on, but that's about all.
They are in the Help menu.
Walter Ego wrote:EDIT: Updated my OS and now the menus don't disappear and I can at least save my patches.
Ah, there you go, cool.

iammunro94

Post by iammunro94 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:46 am

Downloaded it but why it is not working over my mac? I have an updated OS the macOS Sierra.
Finding the most effective way to wash a car? Learn more about car cleaning through my website.

desmond

Post by desmond » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 pm

iammunro94 wrote:Downloaded it but why it is not working over my mac?
That's not really much information to go on to be able to help.