Roland D50 Plugin Goodies

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Roland D50 Plugin Goodies

Postby desmond » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm

A few things for the D50 plugin - one of the main things people have been complaining the plugin is missing is sysex import.

So I first converted all of CultOfD50's archive of D50 syx files (600+ banks) into *.bin files that can be loaded into the plugin.

You can get those here: CultofD50 Archive (13 MB zipfile)

I've also created an online convertor for those of you who wish to convert your own, or other banks, into files you can use with the plugin. Just upload your D50 syx file, and download the corresponding bin file.

That's available at: difficultAUDIO

You're welcome! :thumbright:
desmond

Re: Roland D50 Plugin Goodies

Postby desmond » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 am

And now the converter goes both ways - so you can grab the extra preset banks from the plugin and import them into your hardware, and/or use the plugin to edit and organise patches before dumping them back to your D50/550/VC-1...
desmond

Postby madtheory » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:04 am

Awesome! Reminds me to get that D-50 back on the bench...
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby D-Collector » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks desmond, for converting all those!

It was so nice getting to play with my old bank in the plugin. I think Roland did a great job here, the sound is correct, the GUI is nice. Just too bad they went with the subscribtion thing.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby desmond » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:08 pm

You're welcome!

I agree, I think the plugin has been done really well, and feel the same about the subscription thing...

Note: for Logic users, I also converted all the individual patches in the archive to aupreset files, which you can grab from here: D50 Patches for Logic (LogicProHelp.com)
desmond

Return to Software Synthesizers