Tal uno LX vs Korg Legacy polysix

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Tal uno LX vs Korg Legacy polysix

Postby Factory all stars » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:56 am

Whats best for pads,strings,my influences are joy division,kraftwerk,cabaret Voltaire[74-82],acid house[86-90]etc and com truise of late,cheers,p.s my bass needs are taken care by my mono lancet and ms20 mini
Factory all stars

Gear: ms 20 mini ,sq1,,tr33, Gibson 330,Gibson sg,fender deluxe reverb vermona mono lancet,melodica,various and copious effects pedals,jx3p
Band: Stockholme Syndrome

Re: Tal uno LX vs Korg Legacy polysix

Postby crystalmsc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 am

Both are nice, but Roland's remake of the Juno-106 sounds better and more authentic to me. For pads and strings I prefer their Jupiter-8 and D-50. Hopefully Korg will update the Legacy Cell matching the Kronos standard.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Postby madtheory » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:19 pm

TAL ABs perfectly with a Juno 60, and my FOH engineer friend who owns both is happy to agree.

IMO the JX8P is a better pad machine, because it has two oscillators... but sometimes the Juno is better, because it has PWM. Tough call! A JX8P with the Verhoven upgrade is probably my ideal pad machine. In the meantime this plugin is FREE and SUPERB:
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/04 ... -download/

I can do the Com Truise thing with my Novation KS Rack. As in- start with initialised patch, two sawtooths, and don't change the sound too far from there LOL.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby meatballfulton » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm using TAL's UNO-62 which is (still) free though no longer supported for bug fixes/OS issues.

As always, you may have pickier ears so spend as much as you like. In a mix, the free one sounds great including the emulation of the chorus which is the most important thing on a Juno anyway.

Check to see if Korg still has time limited demos of the Legacy VSTs, then you can just listen to the Polysix which is better than what anyone can tell you in a forum.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Return to Software Synthesizers