Synth1 VST is a monster! Anything similar?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Synth1 VST is a monster! Anything similar?

Postby Synthhound » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 am

Hey everyone, just getting started making electronic music, no hardware yet, everything is currently being made using LMMS DAW and a keyboard and mouse. I have a couple of midi controllers on order, and I will have my eyes out for used synths now. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some great free VSTs apart from Synth 1 which I feel is an absolute monster of a VST. Is there anything similar to Synth 1 out there that is as vast in the way it can be used? Looking in the realm of very cheap or free. Thanks.
Synthhound

Re: Synth1 VST is a monster! Anything similar?

Postby meatballfulton » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 am

u-he Tyrell

Free download (follow links on web page)

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby Synthhound » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:18 am

I have not tried u-he Tyrell yet, thanks for the link and the suggestion, I will give it a try!
Synthhound

Postby ʝɵʝɵ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Synth1 is also a favourite of mine and my go-to synth on the PC when I just want to quickly model a sound. I think its name cousin Sylenth1 is a lot like Synth1 on steroids, so maybe you should give it a try. It's not free, though.
ʝɵʝɵ

Gear: Roland D-50, U-220, XV-5080, Yamaha AN1x, CS1x, CS6R, TG77, Korg X5DR, Kawai K4, Kurzweil K2500

Return to Software Synthesizers