Korg Legacy Collection Updated!

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Korg Legacy Collection Updated!

Postby elsongs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Just got an email from Korg today announcing the re-branding of its softsynth bundle of classic Korg synthesizers, the Korg Legacy Collection as "Korg Collection." It will now include a software version of the ARP Odyssey. Current KLC users can upgrade to the new version for $49.99 USD. Also, the registration of the software will be migrating from Korguser.net to Korg ID and Korg Shop.

Details: http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/
elsongs

Re: Korg Legacy Collection Updated!

Postby meatballfulton » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Looks like it will be $249 (up from $200) but there's an intro special for $149.

Individual proices remain at $49.99 except the Odyssey will be $99.99 (intro special is $69.99).
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby vicd » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Upgrade from KLC to a "no-Odyssey" version is $0, to the full version - $49.99.
It's a bit of mess with migration/upgrade coupons, but nothing unusual.

I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!
vicd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), Fusion 8HD, JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
Band: ROBOPOP

Postby elsongs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 pm

vicd wrote:Upgrade from KLC to a "no-Odyssey" version is $0, to the full version - $49.99.

KLC (or KC now) is probably the best softsynth bundle money can buy.

I haven't upgraded yet, but I noticed that the Mac OS version only runs on Yosemite or later. Still run Mavericks on my MacBook Pro due to compatibility with some apps I still need to use. Though my studio machine runs on Windows 10 and I can probably upgrade on that one for now.
elsongs

Postby vladimotor » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Well, more then anything I wish they address the GUI problem with MS20 and PolySix already, so that MS wouldn't need scrolling and PolySix would look bright and visible enough. I can't believe they though it is ok for PolySix to look that way.
I wonder which Odyssey will sound better, GForce Oddity2 sounds pretty good.
vladimotor

Gear: V-Synth, Kurzweil PC3le6, Akai Miniak, Korg MicroX, Godin Solidac, Breedlove AC25, Live, Samplitude pro, Zebra, Z3ta, Imposcar, Absynth 4, FM8, Pro53

Postby elsongs » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Just upgraded my KLC to KC with the ARP Odyssey on my Windows computer (My Mac still runs Mavericks and KC only runs on Yosemite and later). No noticeable changes to the older KC plugins except for a new authorization method and various minor bug fixes. GUI remains tiny. Although the ARP Odyssey window is larger than the older plugins. Korg says they will do GUI improvements at a later update.
Last edited by elsongs on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elsongs

Postby madtheory » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I had email notifications turned off.

I think it's great that Korg still support users who bought in 7 years ago! And the value for money on these is incredible for a new user.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby elsongs » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:45 pm

vicd wrote:Upgrade from KLC to a "no-Odyssey" version is $0, to the full version - $49.99.

At first I thought you needed to migrate first, and then upgrade if you had KLC and wanted Odyssey, but all you needed was the "Upgrade" coupon if you wanted to do that. To upgrade without Odyssey, you just need the "Migration" coupon. They somehow didn't make that clear in the website language.
elsongs

Postby meatballfulton » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 pm

No demo versions to donwload any more...bummer.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Postby Broadwave » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 pm

I didn't have a problem upgrading, once Korg sorted out a few hiccups.

I really like the Odyssey, but the "VCO" scaling is a bit TOO relaxed... It's way out of tune if you go over a few octaves (even a genuine ARP Oddy isn't this out of kilter!). I just hope there's an update for user control of scale.
Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, Ultranova, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, and some guitars

Postby meatballfulton » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

That makes no sense. Why should a softsynth ever be out of tune (unless you provide trimmers like u-he does to introduce quirks)?
meatballfulton

Postby Broadwave » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 am

meatballfulton wrote:That makes no sense.

Yeah, I know. I also waited a few minutes for the virtual VCOs to "warm up", just in case Korg had decided to make it even MORE realistic :lol:

The ODYSSEi (for iPad) has a control for ANALOGUE or EQUAL to clean up the scaling, I've no idea why it wasn't included in the AU/VST :roll:
Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, Ultranova, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, and some guitars

Return to Software Synthesizers