Sequencing Synth Drums

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Sequencing Synth Drums

Postby redhenry » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 am

I hope I ask this in a way that makes sense.

I have several keyboards that I hook up via midi to my Arturia Beatstep Pro. It works great. The arturia has a dedicated sequence just for a drum track (midi channel 10) and my synths are recognised. All sounds good but I can only seem to access 16 drum sounds on any synth. It’s the first 16 keys on the synth. Each of the 16 pads on the Arturia is assigned to each of the first 16 keys. Is there a way of getting to some of the other drum sounds that are further up the synth?

The other two sequence channels on the Arturia are for synth notes...typically one for bass, one for another sequence and they have octave up and down options that allow access to the entire keyboards synth notes.

Is there a way to access all the drum sounds?

Note: I don’t use a DAW and record straight onto a Zoom 16 track recorder.
redhenry

Re: Sequencing Synth Drums

Postby Z » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:00 pm

No, the BSP will only sequence 16 drum sounds. Since the BSP's melodic tracks are monophonic, I would look into a 2nd sequencer so that you can sequence polyphonic parts as well as additional drum sounds beyond the 16 that the BSP can handle.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby ian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Have you asked Arturia this question? Their technical staff is actually pretty helpful. I think, like the keystep, the beatstep pro has a control center ( need to access via computer) that allows one to customize many of the settings.
ian

Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Postby redhenry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:25 am

Hmm - good idea!
redhenry

Return to Software Synthesizers