Komplete 12 announced

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Komplete 12 announced

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 pm

But it won't drop until sometime in 2019.

NI page for Komplete 12

Massive X (new synth, does not replace Massive)
Kontakt 6
updates to Traktor

Plus hardware:
88 note Komplete Kontrol keyboard
A series NKS keyboards (cheaper)
updated Maschine Mikro
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Re: Komplete 12 announced

Post by Ashe37 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:55 pm

i figured they were going to update the Mikro, but i don't see what changes they are going to make to it.

Broadwave
Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Post by Broadwave » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm

I believe K12's available sometime in October, but Massive X is not ready until Feb 2019.

I'll continue with K11U for the time being... not much there that's worth upgrading for, apart from Kontakt 6. I can live with that.

elsongs

Post by elsongs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 am

Half of the "instruments" in a Komplete bundle are nothing but Reaktor programs anyway.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Broadwave wrote:I believe K12's available sometime in October, but Massive X is not ready until Feb 2019.

I'll continue with K11U for the time being... not much there that's worth upgrading for, apart from Kontakt 6. I can live with that.
Good call. Will do the same.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Komplete Start (Re: Komplete 12 announced)

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 am

Followup: NI has pushed back the release date for Massive X to June.

The new Komplete Start freebie is now available for download. It includes all the existing freebies (Kontakt Player, Reaktor Player, etc.) plus three Kontakt "Play Series" expansion instruments, Supercharger and Guitar Rig effects, 1500 loops/samples and the Komplete Kontrol software (which previously was only bundled with Komplete itself).

KK adds an arpegiator, scale modes, chord memory, a simple sample player and a category browser that works across all NI instruments and sample packs. This works even if you don't own a Komplete Kontrol keyboard...you can map the macro controls to knobs and buttons on any controller you might have. Slick idea, immediate control of any NKS compliant patches from NI or any other vendors that support it (u-he, Waves, etc.). The focus is on performance tweaks, though, not deep patch editing. Of coourse editing patches inside KK is as simple as clicking on a button to open up the current plugin's edit screens.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.