synth1 delayed oscillation

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
pfa

synth1 delayed oscillation

Post by pfa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm using synth1 and I'm trying to create a sound which will oscillate/pulse after a delay (i.e. only if the note is held for a given time).

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: synth1 delayed oscillation

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Some synths have a delay parameter built into the LFOs, but Synth1 does not so you have to do it manaually.

Look at the following image. Notice the section "Wheel/MIDI" in the lower left. See the settings for src1 and src2. These allow the mod wheel to control the depth and speed of LFO1. In your case, you want to control only the depth. Use the LFO (either one) to create the pulsing you want, then use the mod wheel to fade in the effect. You will need to experiment with the Amt control on the LFO to see how it interacts with the wheel, this varies from synth to synth.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

pfa

Re: synth1 delayed oscillation

Post by pfa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Excellent suggestion. I read on another forum about clicking Configure (in Ableton). Added the LFO2 switch and set my midi pedal to trigger it. Perfect.

Thank you!!