Best software synths right now?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
briandc
Gear: 3 Midi controllers and anything linux! :)

Re: Best software synths right now?

Post by briandc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:00 am

For those who love complexity, Yoshimi and ZynAddSubFX (now also called ZynFusion) are pretty amazing, imho..
And they are free.

Brian
Feeling trapped behind Windows? Try linux: More than 500 flavors to choose from!
LinuxSynths.com
amSynth on Soundcloud

splinetime

Post by splinetime » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 am

Greetings, I'm new to this site! This topic caught my attention. I'm a VST junkie, freely admitted :D I started in the way back with hardware, quit music entirely for many moons. Now I'm back, with a hunger for the cool, fun stuff (free & paid). My mix & picks include (in no particular order): Arturia V6 collection & Pigments, Roland Cloud, OmniSphere, UVI Falcon. NI Komplete 12, Halion 6, Korg Collection, Reason 10, Sektor, Arcade Output and Cherry Audio Voltage Modular... then there are the free... VCV Rack and many more.

Told you I had an addiction! Seriously every one of these are favorites (different synths, in different packages) depending on my headspace and groove. The ACB circuitry emulation in Roland's products, Arturia V6 collection TAE and Physical modeling offer powerful sonic inspiration. Really vibe on their Modular V3, 2600 and analog lab iterations.

Go Forth and Freely Modulate,
Kevin

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am

I hardly consider Serum to be simple, but it sounds really good and besides it has a gruntness control :dancer:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.