Cherry Audio "Surrealistic" MG-1 (Moog) FREE (for now)

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Cherry Audio "Surrealistic" MG-1 (Moog) FREE (for now)

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Get it here!

Available FREE for a limited time, it will be $25 (still cheap) after that. It replicates the Moog/Realistic Concertmate MG-1 monosynth built for Radio Shack in 1982, complete with the organ-like polyphonic oscillator. A few tweaks make it even more usable, like support for a mod wheel and choice of low/last/high note key priority which the original lacked. It's a pretty limited machine but that means patching it is simple for newbies. Without having a real MG-1 to compare the sound to, I'll just say it has enough Moog flavor to be useful.

VST, AU, AAX and standalone operation.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Cherry Audio "Surrealistic" MG-1 (Moog) FREE (for now)

Post by madtheory » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:23 am

Cool!

Angstwulf

Re: Cherry Audio "Surrealistic" MG-1 (Moog) FREE (for now)

Post by Angstwulf » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:39 pm

This looks very nice.

I tried out their ARP 2600 trial version and their free version of their modular system.

High quality stuff.

I'm going to purchase the modular, probably the middle version. It really satisfies my curiosity about patching since I doubt I'll ever go that route in the real world. But playing with it really gives me some great ideas on programming my hardware synths. I can see why folks drink the Kool-Aid.