Is there a program that....?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Danb1215

Is there a program that....?

Post by Danb1215 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 am

Is there a program that I can play notes on a midi controller and have it appear on a grand staff, like in sheet music format? i think this would be an efficient method of song writing especially since i often forget some synth riffs that I come up with spur of the moment. So if anyone knows of anyhting like this please let me know. Thanks.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:37 am

Logic can, as well as sibellius (sp?).

burns46824
No Longer Registered

Post by burns46824 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 am

most programs do.. cubase does

Thefumigator
Band: thefumigator

Post by Thefumigator » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:21 am

If you like piano roll, FL studio since version 3 I think, it started to include it.

But version 4 or 5 I think, added impresive tools to do whatever you like to your recorded melody/sequence: articulate, legato, arpegiate, quantize, strum, flip, flam, limit, scale levels, and that's only the tools submenu, then you got transpose, chords, and even scale detection, in between others submenus...
watch my first youtube video :D
-We're gonna die, you know.
-Maybe. But if we die, we're gonna die walking.

MrHope
No Longer Registered

Post by MrHope » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Cubase can do that too. But i'm not sure which versions. Cubasis VST could do it too.

mwbassguy
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by mwbassguy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 pm

digital performer does notation pretty well.

for something like $15 you can get melody assistant, which is a pretty good midi sequencer that does everything with notation. you can also kinda record with it (one or two tracks at a time.)
an avatar and a sig make one's posts more easily recognizable.

kk994

Post by kk994 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:54 pm

If its scoring your after then I think the standards are either Finale or Sibelius like Stab Frenzy said....

Although Digital Performer, Logic and Cubase do it is not their main focus whereas it is for the for FInale and Sibelius.

Finale have a free introduction program called Finale Notepad http://www.codamusic.com/notepad/features/default.aspx Haven't used it but it might give you a taste...