WHAT U GUYS MAKE??

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Pighood

Post by Pighood » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:00 pm

My genre is a little something I call "Pighood."

RISSEN!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=283765

ronP
Gear: BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO MT-70; KORG EA-1 mkII, MicroKorg, microSTATION, MicroX, Mini-KP, Monotron; ROLAND Micro Cube; ZOOM FS01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B
Band: Keyfish

Post by ronP » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:24 pm

electro-lounge prog pop . . . Think Sade or Vanessa Daou with some Britpop guitar, bass, and drums in the mix. REASON is great for the understated beats and loops my partners and I use.
BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO Casiotone MT-70; KORG Electribe EA-1mkII, microKORG, mini-KP; QUIKLOK T20 T-REX Series X;
ROLAND Micro-CUBE; YAMAHA PSS130, PSS140; ZOOM FS-01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B

Wanted: BOSS DR-110; CASIO CZ-101; YAMAHA CS-01, DX-100

Huppo
Gear: V-synth, broken Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, 60+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Post by Huppo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:32 pm

I dunno what genre my stuff fits into because I have no idea what most of the genres sound like or how they are differentiated from one another. I could find out but I don't really care because genrefication isn't something positive, IMHO. Even before I used synths I never targeted a genre, I just make music that sounds good to my ears and satisfies my musical sensibilities. I like to listen to all kind of music (even rap and country), though I think I've listened to a lot less electronic and dance music than a lot of people on this board. Or at least never focused on it. I've never been to a rave or a house party or whatever the h**l you people call them.

In reading through this list I heard of genres I had previously not heard of (chip?) and read lots of band names that I didn't recognize (the list is endless). If I get bored I might track down music by some of them, I discovered a few bands I like to listen to now based on references from this board.

Interestingly, a couple people in this thread said they listen to a lot of other people to get inspiration for their music. I'm the exact opposite. If I am listening to a lot of music then I don't have much of an urge to make any. As soon as I stop listening, I have very stron urges to make music and kind of need to do so. Even back when I was playing guitar in a band that played out a lot, I couldn't watch the opening act and then go on and play myself. I'd go someplace where there wasn't any music until I had to play. I dunno what's up with that, maybe I'm just whacked. :D

~huppo
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.

Fignuts

Post by Fignuts » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:41 pm

I hate describing my sound because i never know what to say, so im gonna go with...

Ambient Electro Acoustic Synthpop with the occasional breakbeat lol.
I can do the best imitation of myself!

PitchBender
Gear: 4 electribes and a case of beer.
Band: Pigslice

Post by PitchBender » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:41 pm

I use to make experimental drone/industrial and silly noise.
Now I'm trying to head toward a more dark, electro, dub(step) direction.

at least that's what I keep telling myself

Moogulator

Post by Moogulator » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:13 pm

everything electronic.. sometimes changing to something different that sounds like something electronic..

chamomileshark

Post by chamomileshark » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:57 pm

Berlin school synth, New Age (in both the "old new age" and "new new age" forms), ambient and sometimes downbeat experimental.

energetik

Post by energetik » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:04 am

When my system returns to life I will be once more engaged in what is generally considered to be psy/goa trance. My sig sort of sets off what I'm feeling right now without my PC, and without an outlet. :shock:
Modulate er... MODERATE THIS!

dr.sine
Gear: not nearly enough
Band: Brandeau
Location: 44° 16′ 58″ N, 105° 30′ 19″ W ...far away from intelligent conversation...

Post by dr.sine » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:00 pm

i can never describe my stuff... it's hard to be objective sometimes...
alot of my stuff comes out really ambient, but i'v got upbeat synthpop and glitchpop type stuff as well. it all just depends what mood im in when i write it. all of it generally has a dark feeling about it i think, but as i said it's always really hard for me to classify my own stuff. i would hope that people can do one or more of the following actions to my music, or at least that my music will put people in the mood to do one of the following

-have sex
-dance
-get stoned
-hang out
-meet new people
-take a long meaningful drive.
-find love
-feel good
you get the idea
My mind doth rove of its own accord.

fibers
No Longer Registered

Post by fibers » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:01 am

i create orchestral techno
listen to a demo
http://members.home.nl/fibers/noisy-demo.mp3
http://members.home.nl/fibers/noisy-demo.mp3
that noise is from an Akai/ax60
[/url]

Electric_Fetus11

Post by Electric_Fetus11 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:39 am

I guess what I've been making lately is dance. http://www.myspace.com/inverse54music check that out and find out what you'd call it.

I've been listening to AFX's Analord series lately and it got me in the mood to do those songs.

I also have some more orchestral songs with glitchy drums but I don't plan on doing anything of importance with all that yet.

I hit a couple genres at a time [or so I like to think], make some dance tunes and then make the most noisy, unlistenable, glitches you can muster from the depths of your synthesiser.

Prognosis

Post by Prognosis » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:32 pm

Kurzweil k2000VPS Access Virus Classic NI Reaktor 5 Yamaha TX81Z CS-01 Roland Juno Alpha 2 PG-300 D-50 SH-32 Korg DW8000 Akai AX-80 Sequential MultiTrack SixTrack kawai k4 Moog Rogue
www.myspace.com/digitalprognosis