Moog Modular V2

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
mode music man

Moog Modular V2

Post by mode music man » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm

I have problem here, I got the v2 a while back and the problem is it only runs on MAC systems unfortunately I don't own any that are new so its never been used. If I own a V2 and it only runs on a specific running system then does that lower the value of the product, or would it still go for quite a bit of money?

chamomileshark

Post by chamomileshark » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 am

Hi, er..how come it only runs on a Mac? Mine is running on a PC. I can't quite remember details of the installation but I'm sure it comes in multiple formats on the instal disk(s)

mode music man

subject

Post by mode music man » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:31 am

Yea they did make it for both running systems, mine somehow just works on MAC only and I've had this thing for about a year and I've not been able to do anything with it. IT's official and probably not been used before i got it.

chamomileshark

Post by chamomileshark » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:10 am

I'd get in touch with Arturia..or if there forum is working you might get a quicker reply from one of the users that knows more about the technical side. The MMV yahoo group is very quiet right now so I wouldn't try there.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:44 pm

Here's Arturia's board. But be warned: Arturia is not too responsive.

http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/index.php

Tidda

Re: subject

Post by Tidda » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:27 pm

mode music man wrote:Yea they did make it for both running systems, mine somehow just works on MAC only .... IT's official ......
mode music man wrote:does that lower the value of the product, or would it still go for quite a bit of money?
I would say it would severely lower the value. As long as it isn't clear why it 'somehow' doesn't run on PC if it's supposed to ....
Alarm bells ringing, I wouldn't buy it.

Tidda

chamomileshark

Post by chamomileshark » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:55 pm

Let's be clear, it does run ona PC. I've just look at the box and it says .."contains PC/MAC CD-ROM"..I can't remember if there were two disks or just one. I've been running on a PC here for years.