rhodes and wurly emulations software altenatives

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
gizeh12

rhodes and wurly emulations software altenatives

Post by gizeh12 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Im still having a Motif ES hanging around costing money for only the rhodes and wurleys. I hope i can sell the motif, and get a software alternative for the rhodes and wurleys. Does anyone knows a good wurly rhodes emultation or samples??

I already tried loungelizzard EVP88 and NI Elektrik piano. The first 2 are not even close to the Motif, the NI sounds ok, but not like the real thing (nice for some chords in the background)

Is there anything else wich could make me sell my Motif ES?

thanx

spr

Post by spr » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 pm

If you have a software sampler, check out the Scarbee stuff. I'm quite happy with them.

Good luck,
Shawn
Virus C, Nord Modular, Juno 106, Korg MS2000R, D-550/PG-1000, Casio SK-1, Electrix Filter Factory, Lexicon MPX1, JD-990 w/Vintage Exp, Apogee Mini-Me, RME Multiface/PCI, UAD-1, Powercore Firewire, Cubase SX 3, Kontakt 2, Reaktor 5, Absynth 4, Battery 3

Tidda

Post by Tidda » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm

You could try out MrRay22 MrRay73 MrTramp
They're free VSTs of modeled EPs.
One is a Wurly and another one a Rhodes and the third is generic one that could be both if you understand what I mean.
I don't know if they're any good as I have installed them, but haven't got around to using them yet.
Also, I am mostly using the EP in my P-90 (XG bank 122 PC#5 E.Piano2) or samples.
Anyway, they're free.

I actually heard of them from a thread here on VSE.
I think Elmo mentioned them.

Tidda

inasilentway

Post by inasilentway » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Have you considered getting a Nord Electro (either KB or rack)? As an owner of both a Rhodes Suitcase 73 and a Wurlitzer 200A, I'm very picky about EP sounds, and I loved the Electro when I tried it out in the store. I'm seriously considering selling my Rhodes to fund the Electro KB; it's really that good and you can't argue with the convenience of MIDI. I agree with you on the software, the NI one sounds ok and the Logic one and Lounge Lizard aren't so hot.

The one software EP that I love is the free Electromechanical Refill for Reason, available on the Propellerheads website, which also has a great Clavinet collection. It might not be worth buying Reason just for that though.

gizeh12

Post by gizeh12 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:35 pm

inasilentway wrote:Have you considered getting a Nord Electro (either KB or rack)? As an owner of both a Rhodes Suitcase 73 and a Wurlitzer 200A, I'm very picky about EP sounds, and I loved the Electro when I tried it out in the store. I'm seriously considering selling my Rhodes to fund the Electro KB; it's really that good and you can't argue with the convenience of MIDI. I agree with you on the software, the NI one sounds ok and the Logic one and Lounge Lizard aren't so hot.

The one software EP that I love is the free Electromechanical Refill for Reason, available on the Propellerheads website, which also has a great Clavinet collection. It might not be worth buying Reason just for that though.
Thanx a nord electro is jus tto damn expensive for me,

Actualy there is some kind of refill unwrapper, maybe that will work with multisamples to.

http://www.reasonmusic.ru/files/refill_ ... packer.rar

aeon

Post by aeon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:10 pm

If a sample-based solution is what you seek, then all I can say is no one does it better than Scarbee.

That said, I tend to use the Reed Piano model on my Korg OASYS PCI because I didn't need perfect emulation, and my current computer is not enough for Scarbee anyway.

cheers,
Ian

toadmanxtro

Post by toadmanxtro » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:04 am

The new velvet from Digi looks nice. Of course, you have to running pro tools to use it but it might be a vsti someday. The video introductions on the Digi site look really nice.