Any thoughts on the Gmedia Virtual String Machine?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
mao
Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

Re: Any thoughts on the Gmedia Virtual String Machine?

Post by mao » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:12 pm

It seems that stringer 1.2 has a broken link :evil: ( http://www.falke.adbe.org/stringer_12_setup.exe ). Some1 has the last 1.2 version ?

THM
Gear: ARP 2600
Elka Synthex
EML Polybox
EMS SynthiAKS
mTron
MOOG Mini- & Memorymoog
Oberheim SEM
Roland Jupiter-8/...
Yamaha CS80
DotCom
>see MySpace
Band: THM

Post by THM » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I re-installed the VSM twice and now it seems to work finally.
So ignore my "VSM with Vista" question from now...
DotCom Modular * ARP 2600 * Elka Synthex * EML PolyBox * EMS Synthi AKS * MOOG Minimoog Model D, Memorymoog * Kurzweil PC88 * Oberheim SEM * Roland Jupiter-8, JP-8080, Juno-60, TR808, TB303, MKS50, RE301, SDE330, SRV330 * Yamaha CS0 * see THM on MySpace

synth3tik
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Pro One/Prophet 2002+/Prophet 08SE/Cat/M1/Poly6/Jupiter6/JD-990/SidStation/SE-1X/Microwave II/Matrix 6R/S3000/S612/Source
Band: Batteries Aren't Food/J.a.F.a

Post by synth3tik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:28 am

killanator posted a free string machine plug in. Cheeze machine. I have yet to try it out but it is free, so....

I read the review of VSM in Future Music a few months back and it really is a great plug in. Don't feel like I want to spend $100 (+/- 20) on it.

synth3tik
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Pro One/Prophet 2002+/Prophet 08SE/Cat/M1/Poly6/Jupiter6/JD-990/SidStation/SE-1X/Microwave II/Matrix 6R/S3000/S612/Source
Band: Batteries Aren't Food/J.a.F.a

Post by synth3tik » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 am

VSM is great, but the big thing for me is it houses the basis of the M-Tron Pro which I am climbing on the walls for. I have yet to get VSM as I have been playing around with Cheeze Machine, and I already have a Roland RS 202 damn it. I think when Gforce releases the Polymoog samples I might have to get it.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by garranimal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:31 am

Alright. I've got my only complaint about VSM with regard to the ARP Solina. The samples are incomplete!...whilst the trumpet and horn samples aren't strictly string sounds, they should be there! When you get the Violin+Viola+Horn+Trumpet sounds all going at once it is still a stringy ensemble sound on steroids.

RavenSmith

Post by RavenSmith » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 pm

garranimal wrote:Alright. I've got my only complaint about VSM with regard to the ARP Solina. The samples are incomplete!...whilst the trumpet and horn samples aren't strictly string sounds, they should be there! When you get the Violin+Viola+Horn+Trumpet sounds all going at once it is still a stringy ensemble sound on steroids.
True! There's a couple of other string machines in VSM that aren't satisfactory either. The Eminent strings, can sometimes sound rather thin and noisy - compared to Nostalgia's, they're also wrongly mapped on the keyboard. The lower keyboard on the Eminent 310 doesn't start on C but on F.