Laptop Stands.

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Tofuik

Laptop Stands.

Post by Tofuik » Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm

anyone know a stand that would be good to put a laptop on so that its above my keyboard and tilted towards me?
the cheese stands alone

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed May 09, 2007 11:56 pm

Griffin do one.

Tofuik

Post by Tofuik » Thu May 10, 2007 12:09 am

i mean like something that holds it 4 feet in the air which would prolly be right above my keyboard. I would like to have it up in the air when I'm doing live shows instead of sitting on my SQ
the cheese stands alone

insky

Post by insky » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 am

What kind of a stand do you have? You could always get a second tier and put a board across the tier. Then you would have a bunch of room for other stuff as well.
Stuff I own:
X Station
ESQ-1
JX-8P
Poly 800
MaxiKorg 800DV
Elka Rhapsody 610

Tofuik

Post by Tofuik » Thu May 10, 2007 12:16 am

insky wrote:What kind of a stand do you have? You could always get a second tier and put a board across the tier. Then you would have a bunch of room for other stuff as well.
I have a really cheapo X... yeah I saw that second tier addon on musicians friend.... It might be worth the 30bucks.. anyone ever try that?
the cheese stands alone

bill H.

Post by bill H. » Thu May 10, 2007 12:52 am

I use these monitor stands:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MUS-SMS6000.html#

Now don't shine this off because they're speaker stands, man... I do hundreds of club gigs with my laptop every year, I've tried all kinds of things, and these work the best. They are really solid, that triangular base lets me get it right next to my keyboards, and that top that doesn't look like much... it's surfaced with really grippy rubber. The laptop doesn't move an inch when bumped. No accidents in over two years and many gigs.

Bryce1888
No Longer Registered

Post by Bryce1888 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 am

Just get an add on tier to your keyboard stand and put a supprt on it and put the laptop on it.

Electroboy

Post by Electroboy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am

I use a ProLine sheetmusic stand i picked up at Guitar Center. Height and tilt adjustable and supports my powerbook great. I saw Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran doing this. Sat really well between his Jupiter and A6