ReBirth Museum: have any of you successfully acquired the so

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

ReBirth Museum: have any of you successfully acquired the so

Postby MrFrodo » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 am

Have any of you entered the online museum for Propellarhead ReBirth and successfully downloaded the software? If so, how did you manage it? I've tried it and failed.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon
MrFrodo

Postby stephen » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:56 am

I managed it. It's a bit torrent download so you'll need suitable torrent software.

Unfortuntately I can't get Rebirth to work on my linux computer (using the wine libraries), so I can't comment on it :(
Stephen(2)
stephen

Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Postby bandreject » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:41 am

MrFrodo wrote:Have any of you entered the online museum for Propellarhead ReBirth and successfully downloaded the software? If so, how did you manage it? I've tried it and failed.

Simple create a account by providing your email. Use the instruction that they sand to you in the email after creating account. Log in. Download the rebirth torrent file (*.torrent). Open the torrent file with a torrent client, after few hours you should have fully working rebirth iso. Burn the iso on a cd, or run from a virtual cd program. From this point you can install rebirth on your computer. Remember that after the installation, whenever you run rebirth, you must insert the cd, or the virtual cd for authentication.
stephen wrote:Unfortuntately I can't get Rebirth to work on my linux computer (using the wine libraries), so I can't comment on it Sad

Reborn is back, free rebirth clone for linux. Works on suse, and I am successfully running it on fc4. Remember that it uses only the /dev/dsp driver, so if you have for example /dev/dsp1, then you have to make a proper link.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Against the waveshaper.
bandreject

Postby stephen » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:11 am

Reborn is back, free rebirth clone for linux. Works on suse, and I am successfully running it on fc4. Remember that it uses only the /dev/dsp driver, so if you have for example /dev/dsp1, then you have to make a proper link.

Yay! Just got it... and it's working too!
Stephen(2)
stephen

Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Postby cartesia » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:26 am

Ive got rebirth, installed it. . but how do I create the disc image? there's no ISO file.. and it tells me i haven't inserted the cd when i try to run
cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Postby ford442 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:10 am

i'm looking at it right here - rebirth_iso_installation.zip - inside that is rebirth_iso_installation.iso - did you get the torrent from somewhere besides www.rebirthmuseum.com ?
ford442

Band: Noah Cohn

Postby bandreject » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:44 am

cartesia wrote:Ive got rebirth, installed it. . but how do I create the disc image? there's no ISO file.. and it tells me i haven't inserted the cd when i try to run

From where you installed rebirth? You probably "unpacked" the iso, and installed it from hdd. Some crackers should make a patch for the cd-detection (this time it wouldn't even me illegal that much). It is really annoying, when you run reason with rebirth through rewire, and must remember to have the vcd running (that are 3 programs to be opened for one song!).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Against the waveshaper.
bandreject

Postby cartesia » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:54 am

^ seems to have autounpacked when i downloaded it..
cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Postby ford442 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am

ok.. good.. :-)

Rebirth is the best!! i'm listening to it right now :-) song called Aura - one of my favs...
ford442

Postby MrFrodo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:22 am

ford442 wrote:ok.. good.. :-)

Rebirth is the best!! i'm listening to it right now :-) song called Aura - one of my favs...

I brought this up before. Can you use it for composing and producing outside the Acid, House and Rave realms?
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon
MrFrodo

Postby ford442 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 am

well.. you can get a lot of variation by rewiring through cubase.. it's also possible to make your own rebirth mods - totally replace the drum sounds with your own samples..
the PCF filter can do some very interesting things..
wish i could help you get it installed.. are you stuck at the downloading stage? you need a bit torrent client - i recommend www.utorrent.com
ford442

Return to Software Synthesizers