New from Spectrasonics

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
seamonkey

New from Spectrasonics

Post by seamonkey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Here's a link for the newest software from Spectrasonics being shown at NAMM 08.
This thing looks HUGE!!!

OMNISPHERE

http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere_teaser/
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

Mpresev

Post by Mpresev » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:11 pm

I love Atmosphere. I bought it last week for 199.00. You can just mix and match stuff and go at it.. Can't wait for this one..

desmond

Post by desmond » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Huge? Nah - it's only about 800 pixels across, innit..? ;)

50 gigs of Eric-in-a-box and a spiffy top-modern engine - what's not to like? :D

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:08 pm

AWESOME.

According to the site it has pretty amazing synthesis options as well as sample playback stuff.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Mpresev wrote:I love Atmosphere. I bought it last week for 199.00. You can just mix and match stuff and go at it.. Can't wait for this one..
Wow that's a great price, I paid full amount when it was first released.
I guess they will be allowing present owners to upgrade when it's released in September. :D
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:17 pm

desmond wrote:Huge? Nah - it's only about 800 pixels across, innit..? ;)

50 gigs of Eric-in-a-box and a spiffy top-modern engine - what's not to like? :D
I've always loved Eric's work since I first got my D50 and later a JD800.

Mitch it does sound AWESOME..sounds like I'm gonna need a memory upgrade. :roll:

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I always liked the sounds people got from atmosphere, but it was using the UVI engine and therefore never brought to intel-macs... So this is like atmosphere x 10 with tons of synthesis options added...

I think I'll become a spectrasonics customer is September (maybe sooner if I pull the trigger on the new deal with Stylus and all the Xpanders...)

Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Well I'm picking up Atmosphere at it's reduced price, considering I have a new PC and Kontak 2 still unwrapped, "how lame is that" I just hope there are no disadvantages to upgrading Atmosphere to Omnisphere, when it becomes avalible.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 am

Mr. Black wrote:Well I'm picking up Atmosphere at it's reduced price, considering I have a new PC and Kontak 2 still unwrapped, "how lame is that" I just hope there are no disadvantages to upgrading Atmosphere to Omnisphere, when it becomes avalible.
Well according to the info on the site Omnisphere will contain all the programs from Atmosphere however they will be enhanced, so if you haven't already purchased it it might be best to wait.
Last edited by seamonkey on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 am

MitchK1989 wrote:I always liked the sounds people got from atmosphere, but it was using the UVI engine and therefore never brought to intel-macs... So this is like atmosphere x 10 with tons of synthesis options added...

I think I'll become a spectrasonics customer is September (maybe sooner if I pull the trigger on the new deal with Stylus and all the Xpanders...)
Stylus Expanded is next on my list. I just sold some gear and have some more to let go because I'm getting a Solaris and if it's as good and open ended as I think it is that should take care of my synthesis palette for years to come.
I really need a good drum/percussion program to put it all together and Stylus looks like something I can work with.

Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:13 am

September's quite a long wait though.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:48 am

Mr. Black wrote:September's quite a long wait though.
I'm going to be selling my NI Komplete 2 package for a very reasonable price if that would help you get by until September :lol: . I just have to unregister it first, I've already uninstalled it.

At any rate there are so many combo's you can use with Atmosphere it can keep you busy for days, weeks or even years.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:41 am

This is very exciting, I wonder that this new synth will sound even better than the great sounding Atmosphere, specially the filter.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

westforwishing9

Post by westforwishing9 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:30 am

it's pretty cool. Huge library. It wasn't playable but they kept giving demos throughout the day. Really cool but a long ways away.

onosendai

Post by onosendai » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:05 am

... the sound he plays is so boring, i don't understand why you are so exciting :shock:
Mix & MP3 : http://onosendai.free.fr - Experimental drones : http://spaceprobe.free.fr - French blog about sound design : http://makingsound.free.fr