Proteus VX rompler now free

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
toad

Proteus VX rompler now free

Post by toad » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't work for E-mu or anything, but this is pretty cool:
from the e-mu newsletter:

" E-MU Announces FREE Proteus VX download along with Included v2 Proteus X Composer Bank!
Yep, that's right! As we prepare the for the release and launch of E-MU's next generation Emulator X3 Streaming Sampling Synthesizer software, E-MU celebrates and is pleased to announce that we will be providing the full version of our Proteus VX Software Sound Module software which includes the enhanced v2.0.1 Proteus X Composer Bank. (a special E-MU tweaked version of the Composer bank) that can be used in all versions of our Proteus X or Emulator X software. Proteus VX is not copy protected or card locked like other versions of our instrument and sampling software, and can be used either as a VSTi or in stand alone mode. You can get to the free download by clicking on the Proteus VX logo on the front page of http://www.emu.com "

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 am

thanks for the link, I'm downloading it now :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

redchapterjubilee

Re: Proteus VX rompler now free

Post by redchapterjubilee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 pm

I'd been thinking about picking up some sort of E-Mu controller if only to get this software packaged with it. Glad I waited for the free download. Pretty much all the sample set from my Vintage Keys Plus is in there. It's cool to have it all in the laptop now, plus some extra stuff. Awesome value for the price!

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:13 am

redchapterjubilee wrote:Pretty much all the sample set from my Vintage Keys Plus is in there
I'm also very glad to get it. but there's some question about it; I believe that those patches contain several oscs. Is there anyway to access those osc? I've read the manual, but can't found anything about it. Or is it because it's just a demo version with limited editing? can we access that with the full X2? Also, how to find the complete list of the waveforms, like to know that those VK+ samples are included?

toad

Re:

Post by toad » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
redchapterjubilee wrote:Pretty much all the sample set from my Vintage Keys Plus is in there
I'm also very glad to get it. but there's some question about it; I believe that those patches contain several oscs. Is there anyway to access those osc? I've read the manual, but can't found anything about it. Or is it because it's just a demo version with limited editing? can we access that with the full X2? Also, how to find the complete list of the waveforms, like to know that those VK+ samples are included?
Yes, the full version(s), are immensely more editable. I don't know about the waveform lists, but for the other stuff your best source of info is probably to download the manuals for the full versions from the E-mu site.
Also, the Emulator X2 (including a midi interface/dongle) is being sold for 99 euros at Thomann right now, which is a pretty good deal. I guess they're clearing them out on account of v. 3 coming out soon.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:05 am

toad wrote:I guess they're clearing them out on account of v. 3 coming out soon.
thanks for that, the VX is amazing. I'm starting to look at their libraries. Perhaps the SP1200 drums. Anyway, back to spmulator now 8)