multi-timbral soft synths

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
t.o.t.s.

multi-timbral soft synths

Post by t.o.t.s. » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:34 pm

So... I'm looking to eventually replace the Novation KS4 and Alesis Ion I'm using live with soft synths. Maybe it's just where I have been looking but it's seems to be the case that soft synths aren't really supporting traditional multitimbral setups or anything. I know you can have multiple instances of most softsynths and that's fine. I know I can also define keymapping for all of those instances within my host (in this case SONAR 7). However, This leaves me with a lot of stuff open and more importantly, I need keymapping to be automated while performing live... not just patch changes. I've done this traditionally by just loading up another performance patch/multitimbral setup via program changes directly into the hardware synths.. no problem. So my question is this... does anyone know of any VA softsynths that support more traditional multitimbral setups or how to automate keymapping within a host? preferable SONAR...

Thanks!
-chvad
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: multi-timbral soft synths

Post by Yoozer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Something like Native Instruments Kore might help you.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

DocT

Post by DocT » Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 am

VirSyn Tera 3

blitzdj86
Gear: Modified DR-110, ES-1 Mk2, KP3, Various Pedals, MG82CX mixer.

Post by blitzdj86 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:39 pm

You should get ableton Live man

Setup up instrument racks with chain selectors and stuff.. does exactly what you want, but lets you use any combination of plugins at once (and only the ones currently in use will use CPU power)

t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 pm

ill look into both of those ideas. thanks everyone!
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES