Audio unit organization ?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Audio unit organization ?

Post by loungedumore » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:51 pm

My Audio units are starting to stack up and surfing through them in Live and Logic can be a chore .
So I was wandering if anyone knows if there is a way to customize the way they show up ?

Like with vsts you can create any folder you want and move the plugin in to it .
For example instead of a Native instruments , Waldorf , or G force folders I could have Subtractive , Wavetable , EFX , or drum synth folders instead .

Feel a little stupid for this one , but I've only been a full time apple user for a little under two years , but I miss the way I had my plugins organized back in my Cubase/ Windows days .
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

loungedumore
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE

Re: Audio unit organization ?

Post by loungedumore » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:22 am

Anyone ?

synth3tik
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Pro One/Prophet 2002+/Prophet 08SE/Cat/M1/Poly6/Jupiter6/JD-990/SidStation/SE-1X/Microwave II/Matrix 6R/S3000/S612/Source
Band: Batteries Aren't Food/J.a.F.a

Post by synth3tik » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:20 am

I myself have quite a few AUs. I just love some of the free plug-ins. If I plan on not using specific plug ins go into the plug in manager in Logic and disable them. This is really not organization and could even make things more confusing. I have not seen anything that will let you create your own folders. Maybe this is the short fall of AUs. I did a quick check and did not find anything, however a good resource to check out is KVRaudio.com.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 am

in live, just use the search function in the browser instead of browsing.

also,
delete the ones you never use... I did this and ended up with like 10 AUs

loungedumore
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE

Post by loungedumore » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:58 am

Thanks for the replies guys , but from what few things I've seen on the apple forums it seams this is not a go :(
I relay just wanted to categorize them by synth type as when I have a sound in my head I know what method to use and was hoping there was some sort of p.list I could augment to reflect that .

No worries I use each and every one of my plugins some more that others , but I'm not a collector for collection's sake (now if only we could get all the rich kids and retired dentists to stop doing that with "vintage" analogs we could all have one or two more to make music with instead of bad youtube "demos":)

Back to the point I did , however find this http://www.apple.com/feedback/ and have been persistently sending in feature suggestions for things in core audio and logic .