The develoment of Reaper

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

The develoment of Reaper

Post by Hugo76 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 am

I was about to buy a license for Reaper the other month, as my experiences with it were very good. However, when trying the latest version I felt a bit overwhelmed by what seemed to be a more complex user interface. Am I far off here? I'll certainly give it another go, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Is Reaper getting increasingly complex as it develops?

LBN

Re: The develoment of Reaper

Post by LBN » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:31 am

One of the good things about Reaper is that it can be as complex or simple as you want it to be. It can seem a little overwhelming at first because of all the features that are available in the menus, but if you take a little time setting the preferences and customizing the menus to just the functions you use then you'll be zooming along in no time at all without the distraction of the unneeded stuff. The Reaper forum is full of helpful people and the developers are incredibly responsive. There you can find some great skins to make the GUI more attractive and scripts to extended the functionality.

I read somewhere that they are focusing on the functionality of Reaper right now and once they reach a certain goal they're going to work on polishing the interface. But that is just third party info, AFAIK, that may or may not be true.

druzz
Band: November's Ego

Post by druzz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:45 pm

you can use the older version if you like . or try to load the skin from the older version and maybe you will feel more like home

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:41 am

Okay, thanks for the input guys! :)