SHIOITOR

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
Raiven
Gear: See Signature.....
Band: Eventyde

SHIOITOR

Post by Raiven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 am

Time to ebay those SH-101's. Hurry up before the value drop! :lol:
Korg M3 (Fully Loaded), Blofeld Keyboard, MPC 2500 LE, (Monomachine), Logic Studio 8, Live 6, FM8, Absynth 4, Predator, Alpha3, Korg Legacy Collection, (Shioitor), Drumazon, Nepheton, Stylus RMX

http://www.myspace.com/eventydejams

megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Re: SHIOITOR

Post by megamanx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:36 am

that looks photo realistic, but sell my sh 101, never...

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:52 am

Your loss. That's an actual picture of the coming softsynth and it's got that D16 accuracy in sound.
Korg M3 (Fully Loaded), Blofeld Keyboard, MPC 2500 LE, (Monomachine), Logic Studio 8, Live 6, FM8, Absynth 4, Predator, Alpha3, Korg Legacy Collection, (Shioitor), Drumazon, Nepheton, Stylus RMX

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 am

Been there, discussed that - my 101's goin' nowhere - 8-)

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... t=SHIOITOR

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:08 am

Got a taste of it already. Waiting anxiously for the AU final release. Hold on to those paperweights. Somebody has to.

I thgought about getting a 101 but the current 700-1000 dollar price tag turned me off. Especially when I heard of D16 development on this project.

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:16 am

I wish there was a hardware controller for this. Would probably be too expensive though and not practical to produce. Those awesome mock ups on their site make this fact even more painful.

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:22 am

skweeegor wrote:I wish there was a hardware controller for this. Would probably be too expensive though and not practical to produce. Those awesome mock ups on their site make this fact even more painful.
I plan to setup my M3 for this. Multiple maps can be setup for it. I'm also inquiring to Euphonix to see if my MC Mix will configure to the AU version of SHIOITOR.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:32 am

Raiven wrote:Got a taste of it already. Waiting anxiously for the AU final release. Hold on to those paperweights. Somebody has to.

I thgought about getting a 101 but the current 700-1000 dollar price tag turned me off. Especially when I heard of D16 development on this project.
How about you actually spend some time with one, I can assure you they are no paperweight :thumbright:

But yes the SHIOITOR does look very good, I wouldn't say it'd replace a 101. Because they utilise two completely different technologies, they are bound to sound at least a bit different.

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:44 am

Raiven wrote:
skweeegor wrote:I wish there was a hardware controller for this. Would probably be too expensive though and not practical to produce. Those awesome mock ups on their site make this fact even more painful.
I plan to setup my M3 for this. Multiple maps can be setup for it. I'm also inquiring to Euphonix to see if my MC Mix will configure to the AU version of SHIOITOR.
I find MIDI controllers are always a pain when it comes to assigning logical layouts. And then comes the task of somehow remember/labelling your presets for 10 different soft synths.

The Korg Legacy MS20 had the right idea...too bad the keys sucked so much.

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 am

Hybrid88 wrote:
Raiven wrote:Got a taste of it already. Waiting anxiously for the AU final release. Hold on to those paperweights. Somebody has to.

How about you actually spend some time with one, I can assure you they are no paperweight :thumbright:

But yes the SHIOITOR does look very good, I wouldn't say it'd replace a 101. Because they utilise two completely different technologies, they are bound to sound at least a bit different.
I have. A buddy of mine in England has one. They're nice but not remotely worth their current market value IMO. Just more analog hype.

Just like D16's drum machines, Shoioitor is spot on. 8-)

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:55 pm

This synth is supposed to have a killer filter, we'll have to wait and see. And if it helps bring the price of the 101 down to about £200 I'd be happy!

I just wish they'd come up with a different name, I mean.... SH101tor, or shioitor or whatever. How do you pronounce it? Shitter?!
Stephen(2)

ford442
Band: Noah Cohn

Post by ford442 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:34 am

so, you're beta testing Raiven? i am really excited about this particular plug - i will buy it as soon as possible - can you give any estimate how long until any kind of release? i mean - early 2010? middle 2010? can you say if it is very CPU hungry?

i find the name totally objectionably as well.. i would rather is was called like XW-010 or just anything pronounceable.. lol.. D16 says it is "shee-ow-ee-tor" btw..

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:12 pm

this aways happens. The build up of an analogue emulating plugin. Then it never sounds quite like the hardware-usually too clean and precise and not containing the musical non-linearities or presence of real analogue.

Although it sounds 'close enough' for many. For me - its the small difference that makes the difference. IMO at the typical sample rates we will not get that close to real analogue - in terms of catching the true 'vibe'. Although yes there are some very close.

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:01 pm

ford442 wrote:so, you're beta testing Raiven? i am really excited about this particular plug - i will buy it as soon as possible - can you give any estimate how long until any kind of release? i mean - early 2010? middle 2010? can you say if it is very CPU hungry?

i find the name totally objectionably as well.. i would rather is was called like XW-010 or just anything pronounceable.. lol.. D16 says it is "shee-ow-ee-tor" btw..
I'm not beta testing but I know someone who's messing with it. I can only hope it'll be market ready in January. Here's a video to examine.

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:17 pm

SWAN wrote:this aways happens. The build up of an analogue emulating plugin. Then it never sounds quite like the hardware-usually too clean and precise and not containing the musical non-linearities or presence of real analogue.

Although it sounds 'close enough' for many. For me - its the small difference that makes the difference. IMO at the typical sample rates we will not get that close to real analogue - in terms of catching the true 'vibe'. Although yes there are some very close.
Then keep your SH-101 and enjoy it. Somebody has to but consumers don't really care if you use real analog or not and all D16 plugs are spot on.

I like the nostalgic appeal of some plug-ins but make sure to accept them for what they are. Maybe you should too or just keep those antiques running. ;)