SHIOITOR

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
MarcinP78

Re: SHIOITOR

Post by MarcinP78 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm sorry but I can't help pronouncing it "Shitor". What an unfortunate name choice :-). While the D16 effect apps sound great, the youtube video of Sh***tor sounds like your average freeware soft synth. I actually think this demo is spot on showing what software synths are about. Even the immortal crackling sound is there ;).

Raiven
Gear: See Signature.....
Band: Eventyde

Post by Raiven » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:37 pm

MarcinP78 wrote:I'm sorry but I can't help pronouncing it "Shitor". What an unfortunate name choice :-). While the D16 effect apps sound great, the youtube video of Sh***tor sounds like your average freeware soft synth. I actually think this demo is spot on showing what software synths are about. Even the immortal crackling sound is there ;).
Then don't buy it. Or maybe you should upgrade those c**p speakers your using. :lol:
Korg M3 (Fully Loaded), Blofeld Keyboard, MPC 2500 LE, (Monomachine), Logic Studio 8, Live 6, FM8, Absynth 4, Predator, Alpha3, Korg Legacy Collection, (Shioitor), Drumazon, Nepheton, Stylus RMX

http://www.myspace.com/eventydejams

MarcinP78

Post by MarcinP78 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Then don't buy it. Or maybe you should upgrade those c**p speakers your using. :lol:
I don't buy software synths and you know nothing about my speakers, dude. That Youtube demo is clearly damaging D16's business.

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Seriously, there's a really annoying clicking/crackling on that demo.

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

It sounds right to me, very good emulation.

But... like the others said, there definitely is a cracking sound that needs to be fixed.
soundcloud.com/vectron

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Interference that the mic picked up. Probably his damn CELL PHONE!
Korg M3 (Fully Loaded), Blofeld Keyboard, MPC 2500 LE, (Monomachine), Logic Studio 8, Live 6, FM8, Absynth 4, Predator, Alpha3, Korg Legacy Collection, (Shioitor), Drumazon, Nepheton, Stylus RMX

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Alex E wrote:It sounds right to me, very good emulation.

But... like the others said, there definitely is a cracking sound that needs to be fixed.
Yeah, dangerously good emulation. That's what I meant about that other guy having c**p speakers. :D

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:34 am

Where are you guys getting this, are you beta testing or something?, 'cause I couldn't find any demo versions of D16's software on their site - seems a bit weird for a larger company :?

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 am

I've found that the "current market value" complainers are almost always the people who are upset that they waited too long to buy a certain piece of gear.

OP; as I see you have been a member here since '05, then you should clearly remember that the "current market value" of the SH101 literally just a couple years ago was $4-500...and just a couple years before that a mere $1-300. If you really wanted one, you should have bought one then and not waited... ;)
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

ford442
Band: Noah Cohn

Post by ford442 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 am

Hybrid88 wrote:Where are you guys getting this, are you beta testing or something?, 'cause I couldn't find any demo versions of D16's software on their site - seems a bit weird for a larger company :?
no demo yet - it is still in closed beta..

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 am

KLAXON wrote:I've found that the "current market value" complainers are almost always the people who are upset that they waited too long to buy a certain piece of gear.

OP; as I see you have been a member here since '05, then you should clearly remember that the "current market value" of the SH101 literally just a couple years ago was $4-500...and just a couple years before that a mere $1-300. If you really wanted one, you should have bought one then and not waited... ;)
I was too busy running a studio in England. With 14 hardware synths already that the British like to use to attract business. Owning a SH-101 would have been a nice "personal" toy but it's no magnet to British music makers.

So I put it off and now I'm not going to bother purchasing one and get Shioitor instead. :D

Complaining, no, just busy and happy there's something better. :lol:

ford442
Band: Noah Cohn

Post by ford442 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 am

ya - from what i have heard so far this thing NAILS the analog 101 sound.. i may well be selling my SH - software is just so much more convenient..

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:53 am

what the f**k raiven, you're sounding like the Shill from h**l.

Raiven

Post by Raiven » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 am

tekkentool wrote:what the f**k raiven, you're sounding like the Shill from h**l.
I have no association with D16 besides being very appreciative of their hard work and attention to detail. My enthusiasm for their work is only rivaled by the amount of devotion to old analog synths some people have here.

IMHO these small companies don't get enough credit because there's so many pigheaded posers and accountants within the industry, hobbyist or professional. So I make it a point to say, THANK YOU and by all means, keep doing what you do.

This post is not just directed at the D16 Group but Linplug as well.

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 am

Raiven wrote:
tekkentool wrote:what the f**k raiven, you're sounding like the Shill from h**l.
I have no association with D16 besides being very appreciative of their hard work and attention to detail. My enthusiasm for their work is only rivaled by the amount of devotion to old analog synths some people have here.

IMHO these small companies don't get enough credit because there's so many pigheaded posers and accountants within the industry, hobbyist or professional. So I make it a point to say, THANK YOU and by all means, keep doing what you do.

This post is not just directed at the D16 Group but Linplug as well.
i have no problems with it, you just seem to be like, raving over it :o