nord lead softsynth?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
the_noodlemeister
Gear: Digidesign 002 rack, JP8000, jx3p, novation ks rack, protools le8, predator

nord lead softsynth?

Post by the_noodlemeister » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Cananybody recommend a softsynth that emulates the sounds of a clavia nord lead 2 or 3? Also a mini moog?

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Re: nord lead softsynth?

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I dont know how close to a Nord Lead it is but DiscoDSP Discovery Pro is supposed to be a fair approximation and even imports Nord Lead presets.

For the minimoog, minimonsta or Minimoog V

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:45 pm

In the user library for Native Instrument's Reaktor there are also a couple of emulations. They sound great to me, but I don't know how the resamblance to the original is.

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah the aforementioned Discovery 2 is the CPU hog emulation that sounds not quite as good as a Nord 2, and Synth1 is the Nord inspired vst that is free.

For Minimoog, I'm using Arturia's Minimoog V, and there is also GForce's Minimonsta. But there is a free emulation called MinimogueVA that has this annoying implementation of stereo dual-filters, but otherwise sounds nice. The best emulation is probably still the Creamware Minimax, which is a VA in hardware.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Isn't something named "synth1"?

If you have hear MULTIPACK tracks o the lounge section,..... that member is simple AMAZING with the synth1.

He really gives a good name to that free softsynth. I'm a big fan of his retro music.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

the_noodlemeister
Gear: Digidesign 002 rack, JP8000, jx3p, novation ks rack, protools le8, predator

Post by the_noodlemeister » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm

great stuff, plenty to check out there. But discoDSP discovery or discovery pro best emulates the nord lead?

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Regardless of the Nord tag I think synth1 stands out as an instrument in its own right. And at that price, you can't go wrong :)
Stephen(2)

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Yoozer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Nord Rack 2's are dirt cheap. So are Micromodulars.

Both will do a more inspiring job than Discovery. Discovery gets more hi-fi with the oversampling but is not as controllable, and has a harder to hit sweet spot - IMHO (owning a Micromodular and the regular version of Discovery).
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.