Emagic SoundDiver

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
vcASS

Emagic SoundDiver

Post by vcASS » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 am

I have been trying to get a copy of SoundDiver OS-X PPC and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I was confused by Logic owning the rights to it and what that means as far as availability. If anybody could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

vcASS

Re: Emagic SoundDiver

Post by vcASS » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:10 am

of course I meant to be asking for sound-DIVER not driver.... sorry-

edfunction
Gear: sh-101, monomachine, nordmodular, esx1, nova, jx3p, jx8p, prophet vs, dx200

Re: Emagic SoundDriver

Post by edfunction » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:55 pm

you could give unisyn a go...it works in osx.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/unisyn

Tsarik
Gear: Future Retro XS, Eventide Eclipse, Novation X-Station, Waldorf Microwave XT

Post by Tsarik » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 pm

i don't use macs but the mac version of sounddiver is available for mac on the net.. a legit download to.

took forever to find a copy of the PC version, which is why i know its still available for download for some mac platform or another

Fatbenelton
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Prophet VS, Jupiter 4, Trident, Minimoog Reissue, Korg Odyssey FS, Analog Keys, WSAD, Nyborg, EX8000, CR78,RX5, KR55, Minipops7 & MV8800

Post by Fatbenelton » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 pm

I have sound Diver 3, the last official release - The disk is actually a dual version containing both PC and MAC (OS9) versions. Apple did release a beta OSX version which is a free download but you will need an XSKey (dongle) to run it.
Jonny Jones

colmon

Post by colmon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:29 pm

the same dongle that has been discontinued w/ logic releases -- another example of apple's firm propriety strategy

Fatbenelton
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Prophet VS, Jupiter 4, Trident, Minimoog Reissue, Korg Odyssey FS, Analog Keys, WSAD, Nyborg, EX8000, CR78,RX5, KR55, Minipops7 & MV8800

Post by Fatbenelton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 am

Indeed - I bought a legit secondhand copy with manual when I was using a PC with Sonar. Made the transition to mac and bought Logic 9 last year but can't use sounddiver any more unless I boot into Bootcamp and run Windows...... :(
I'd buy an XS key if I could but they don't seem to crop up much.......My set up works ok but it would be nice to access the OSX beta.
Jonny Jones

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 pm

I need the sound diver for my fiz..... :(
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

vcASS

Post by vcASS » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 pm

I'm still trying to hook it up. It looks like I have the program but no xs-key, although recently I thought I acquired the key as that is what it seems to claim but nothing is worling. Also to balma, I would reallly like to make an addaption for my microQ, also a Yamaha FB-01 as it is the only means to edit the sounds(with editor).
Thanks to everybody for the help though. I will gladly post my success for others if I find my way out of OS/software proprietary h**l(it's a cave really and I wash my clothes in a puddle when the rain gods permit it.
LCD screens, Hardware sequencers and 8 trk tape reel recorders are looking good to me again. :cry:

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 am

Oh yes... the Micro Q

f**k hate it's interface.. (Well what do I expected for $150???)

Too deep engine for such a stupid interface.... I

Same for the command station. It has a great interface, but this synth is one of the deepest digital engines I have used in my life. Thanks to God, there is sounddiver
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

Infiltrator

Post by Infiltrator » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Could somebody help me out where to find sounddiver for windows please?

Fatbenelton
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Fatbenelton » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Sounddiver 3 for Windows/Mac pops up on ebay every now and then. That's where I got my copy and probably the best legal source along with Sound on Sound reader ads and on here.
Jonny Jones

tim_m
Gear: Access Virus KB (x2), C
Akai AX-80
Juno-60
Ensoniq SD-1
Electribe ESX
Lots of guitars
Band: Trace-on.

Post by tim_m » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:53 pm

I run the Sound Diver beta in OSX with an XS key, and it has a lot of quirks in 10.5 Leopard. It works, but it has various graphic errors and redraw issues periodically. Oh, and crashes when you last need it to! For Access Virus A, B and C people, there's an OEM version of Sound Diver that doesn't require an XS key. I've wondered if there's a way to cobble the OEM version and Beta version together to get a version working without an XS key.

Doesn't unisyn work for OSX 10.4 and prior only?