Looking for OSX software for interesting vocal chopping

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member
Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

Looking for OSX software for interesting vocal chopping

Post by rharris07 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

So I'm interested in working with some acapella samples I've got - and I'd like to find a piece of software that runs on OSX that I could use to chop them up with interesting effects, time changes, pitch changes, etc...very much like the sample is used in the Das Racist song shown above is what I want to achieve to a great degree. Anyone have any suggestions? The free-er/cheaper the better right now. Especially if there is such a thing that could be used as a plug-in for Garageband - that would be perfect, though a stand-alone would be fine too.

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular

madrasputin
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Too many to list. Ask if you want a list of my gear to peruse.
Band: Narcotic Puppeteers

Re: Looking for OSX software for interesting vocal chopping

Post by madrasputin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Sugarbytes might have something along those lines man. Check out their product page: http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/produ ... hp?lang=en They should have something to achieve what you're going for and OSX compliant! Check out the WOW Filterbox, the Effectrix effect sequencer and the Robotronic Vocoder. Not sure you'd need the Vocoder one but hey, worth a shot right??
Moog LP/Voyager XL/MS 2000/EMX-1/Z1/Polar TI2/ESQ-1/Matrix 6/Red Square v2/JP-8000/Fender Rhodes Mk 1/Euro Modular/OB-12/Prophet '08 PE/Mod-CB MC-505/Blofeld KB/Accelerator/Juno 106/NI Komplete 8/SK-15/Poly 800 II/XBASE 999/Metasonix D1000/Minitaur

colmon

Re: Looking for OSX software for interesting vocal chopping

Post by colmon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 am