Korg DS-10

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
oopfoo

Re: Korg DS-10

Post by oopfoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

You don't have to have the Japanese version of the DSi. I have two copies of DS-10 Plus running on two DSi-XLs. The Plus version does, in fact, double your synth parts and drum parts, plus you can wirelessly link up to eight DSi systems for even more, though the units act as stand-alone instruments.

It's a pretty fun synth, and it's been good to get my kids interested in synthesis.

Lately, however, I've been more about the iPad. The iMS-20 is a scream, though I'd compare the DS-10 Plus quite favorably, especially considering the platform.

Great tracks up there, by the way! You've inspired me; I'm gonna go get my DS out of the car at lunch!

VortexRanger
Gear: Juno 106
Poly 800
Little Phatty
Synthesizers.com

Post by VortexRanger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

I love the DS-10 for the go but I find its pattern length pretty limiting.

As far as Atari and other mods, the Plogue Chipsounds softsynth emulates videogame chips. They clearly put a lot of work into it, emulating the actual architecture. It was about $100 when I got it and I use it all the time. You can stick to the limitations of the originals or use it more like a modern softsynth.

http://www.plogue.com/?page_id=43

And here's a track I used it extensively on:

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm

VortexRanger wrote:I love the DS-10 for the go but I find its pattern length pretty limiting.
I really like the DS-10 and that's exactly the problem. Hardly hope that Korg will release the upgraded version. I will get that and a DS XL right a way.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums