Daft punk and fl studio?!

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Daft punk and fl studio?!

Post by megamanx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 am

yep check it out
imageline

I have fl and gross beat and it checks out..wierd

colmon

Re: Daft punk and fl studio?!

Post by colmon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 am

what's weird about it? lots of professional musicians use fruityloops

madrasputin
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Too many to list. Ask if you want a list of my gear to peruse.
Band: Narcotic Puppeteers

Post by madrasputin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 am

Agreed Colmon although most would rather die than admit they have or do still use fruity loops. I think it's kick a*s that Daft Punk uses fruity loops. I as well have used fruity loops in my project and as a sketch pad of sorts for ideas that I can implement in other DAWs. Or, if I can't recreate what I liked in FL with one of my other DAWs, I can just export it as WAV and send it to another DAW. FL is a highly underrated program. It's not like it's a horrible interface or to simplistic. It actually improves the beginner in many areas of their production skills as well as remind the seasoned veterans of how much cool stuff you can create in FL.
Moog LP/Voyager XL/MS 2000/EMX-1/Z1/Polar TI2/ESQ-1/Matrix 6/Red Square v2/JP-8000/Fender Rhodes Mk 1/Euro Modular/OB-12/Prophet '08 PE/Mod-CB MC-505/Blofeld KB/Accelerator/Juno 106/NI Komplete 8/SK-15/Poly 800 II/XBASE 999/Metasonix D1000/Minitaur

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 pm

I don't get all this 'its awesome that they use x'.. why is it awesome that they use one and not the other? At the end of the day the mixer is just a standard mixer and the sequences are just standard sequences.. the fact that they used a particular DAW has no impact on the resulting music

I also don't get why FL users act like they are downtrodden.. people used to diss FL because FL used to be s**t, but nobody cares anymore

colmon

Post by colmon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

fruityloops, like most music software, hardware synths and pretty much anything you can make music on, is (was) only as "s**t" as the musician using it

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I've never really used FL, but will when it is ported to the iPad :) (well, have to get an iPad first)

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 pm

"people used to diss FL because FL used to be s**t, but nobody cares anymore.."

I think people care. Thus, this thread. It's been, and may still be, seen as an entry level tool.
I don't know if it will ever shake that stigma. You expect a group as...experienced/full-of-resources to be using something that...oh I don't know....matches their level of fame/success.

Like LOGIC. :roll:

Like the perception of Logic users. "Oh Logic is so deep and complicated" "You must be a power user"
Plus there's the coolness of belonging to an exclusive club. Like they must use something obscure or custom-made or even no longer in existence. That's future-retro.

Surprising to see them using such commonly found tools.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm

There is some truth to the "it doesn't matter" argument. Ever since the popularization of VSTs all the DAWs sort of have a level playing field for the hobbiest who doesn't care about internal mixing precision as much as the major workflow paradigm differences between each choice

madrasputin
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Too many to list. Ask if you want a list of my gear to peruse.
Band: Narcotic Puppeteers

Post by madrasputin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Alright, my saying it's kick a*s that Daft Punk uses FL wasn't a props to them for using FL instead of another DAW. I just meant that I think it's cool that as major players in the DJ/crossover artist realm that they still dabble in FL was all. I also agree that it doesn't matter at all what DAW you're using as long as the music isn't "s**t" that you create with it. Having said that, I still find FL to be a nice sketch pad like I said before. If you don't use something because you think, "Oh, that's too basic for me." Or "s**t, that's too complex for me to figure out." You're limiting yourself to one avenue at that point right? It's better to be able to draw from a well of knowledge based on using every type of DAW you can get your hands on. Just like hardware.
Moog LP/Voyager XL/MS 2000/EMX-1/Z1/Polar TI2/ESQ-1/Matrix 6/Red Square v2/JP-8000/Fender Rhodes Mk 1/Euro Modular/OB-12/Prophet '08 PE/Mod-CB MC-505/Blofeld KB/Accelerator/Juno 106/NI Komplete 8/SK-15/Poly 800 II/XBASE 999/Metasonix D1000/Minitaur

implant

Post by implant » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

8-)
Last edited by implant on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Post by megamanx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 pm

griffin avid wrote:"people used to diss FL because FL used to be s**t, but nobody cares anymore.."

I think people care. Thus, this thread. It's been, and may still be, seen as an entry level tool.
I don't know if it will ever shake that stigma. You expect a group as...experienced/full-of-resources to be using something that...oh I don't know....matches their level of fame/success.

Like LOGIC. :roll:

Like the perception of Logic users. "Oh Logic is so deep and complicated" "You must be a power user"
Plus there's the coolness of belonging to an exclusive club. Like they must use something obscure or custom-made or even no longer in existence. That's future-retro.

Surprising to see them using such commonly found tools.
this is what I meant by "weird"

skizzle
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by skizzle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

i've noticed that (weird)kind of pattern with them in the past with samples that really don't stray far off of the original.

BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Post by BlackGnosis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:19 am

colmon wrote:fruityloops, like most music software, hardware synths and pretty much anything you can make music on, is (was) only as "s**t" as the musician using it
I like this.... <3
Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 am

I'd agree with that statement if it had been prefaced with:

"The music created within..."