Kore RIP

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Kore RIP

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Apparently Native Instruments is dropping Kore as a product and future versions of Komplete will not be Kore compatible. No more Kore Packs either. Whoa. :shock:

A crossgrade from Kore to Maschine will be offered.

More info here at KVR.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Kore RIP

Post by Hugo76 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 am

Shocking news. I just recently bought Kore, so this was not particularly delightful reading. Damn.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 am

damn - at least the technical support will still be available. what's crazy is that they pulled their resources to put even more into maschine! i swear they're trying to turn that into a daw...
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am

Well f**k.
I certainly hope they plan on putting the same features in maschine. They discontinued vokator long ago and it also was something I truly enjoyed. This seems to be one of the hazards of running software. I've been a long time NI user (since generator, and then the original Komplete bundles. Seems every revision of complete brings some form of movement or abrupt change. I certainly hope that they include maschine in the next revision of Komplete, even if I recall correctly Kore was an addition not in Komplete.

If they were to shitcan FM8 and/or guitar rig for some reason, I think I would become despondent.

Anyone needing a kore 2 and kore controller? I f**k have both.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 am

silikon wrote: They discontinued vokator long ago and it also was something I truly enjoyed.
"Native Instruments' latest plug-in combines up to 1024 bands of vocoding with frequency-domain effects and a neat granular synth."

AWW WHAT THE f**k

That thing sounds neato and it doesn't exist anymore :evil:

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:05 am

What I find most shocking is that they've apparently stopped further sale of all Kore packs immediately. I mean, couldn't they at least announce the discontinuation and let Kore users buy the existing products for a limited time, prehaps at reduced prices? Damnit, this sucks! :(

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Guess that explains why all the recent Packs (like Razor) have been for the Kontakt Player or Reaktor Player rather than the Kore Player.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:37 pm

The debate is getting pretty heated over at NI's webpage:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... .php?f=124

There's also a Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...988171459 534

Interestingly, Keir from NI have made a couple of comments in the forum, where he says NI are looking into a solution that will be more satisfying to existing customers than the crossgrade offer to Maschine (which I myself think is a very poor offer). It seems they are trying to decide what to do with the soundpacks - customers are asking they either be offered existing Kore users for free, or at "blow out" prices.

It'll be very interesting to see what comes out of this. I, myself a Kore user, am both surprised and pissed at NI's insane decision.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 am

Guess its a good thing I didn't use the Kore Player in my DAW benchmark...

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Post by cornutt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:46 am

I see NI is up to their usual tricks. They put great ideas into their products, but maintaining forward compatibility is, shall we say, not their strong suit.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 am

I REALLY hope Ni massive doesn't get the flick any time soon.

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 pm

its not like anyone who owns kore can't use it anymore... Its even going to get a 64 bit upgrade AFTER being discontinued.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

MitchK1989 wrote:its not like anyone who owns kore can't use it anymore... Its even going to get a 64 bit upgrade AFTER being discontinued.
That's true, but further down the line there will be driver and compability problems.
What's most disturbing about NI's move, is the decision to pull back all Kore sound packs without prior notice. That means that people who just bought Kore won't get the opportunity to expand it at all, and obviously many have bought Kore with sound pack expansion in mind.

astroidmist

Post by astroidmist » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 am

I don't have Kore, but I do like Kore Player with some paid-for SoundPacks. I'm hoping they drop the prices of the SoundPacks and still support the registration/activation of them. The sound quality of those SoundPacks are typically really really good. It's too bad they are pissing off their own user base.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 am

astroidmist wrote:I don't have Kore, but I do like Kore Player with some paid-for SoundPacks. I'm hoping they drop the prices of the SoundPacks and still support the registration/activation of them. The sound quality of those SoundPacks are typically really really good. It's too bad they are pissing off their own user base.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they took them off the market completely, which is part of the controversy behind discontinuing kore?
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...