Kind of stuck on a sound

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
cromwell sanctum

Kind of stuck on a sound

Post by cromwell sanctum » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:00 am

Hey guys, I'm new in here, and I tought some of you could help me with that sound in a song i'm trying to get.
So here's the sound (lead) at 0:34 :
Thanks to you all!

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Kind of stuck on a sound

Post by garranimal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:20 am

Hey there and welcome. There are two sounds, one low and one high. The lower sound is playing a fifth (or a mono synth with two oscillators set a fifth apart). And the upper sound is a kind of basic lead (sawtooth?) sound but has some modulation (LFO tremolo) and some work on the pitch wheel performance. And there's some beat-matched delay in that production as well.

skizzle
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by skizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 am

....and hp + compression.

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Bro you just posted the mother of all drumstep tunes. So pumped for the EP. I'm surprised you're so hung up on the lead sounds in the intro when there's all of those gorgeous insane sounds in the drop.

cromwell sanctum

Post by cromwell sanctum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:32 am

Yeah truelly, the thing is that i'm kind of too perfectionist for my intros and i wanted the exact same sound! the dubstep par, i think i mostly get what i have to do! thanks to you all!

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 am

U shud x perimnt n use tha sound in ur hed til u have tht sexy sound that u bin usin.

What I mean is that you should just continue using the sound and add weird s**t. Same, but different.
bonne chance