Harmor-What are your thoughts on it?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
astroidmist

Harmor-What are your thoughts on it?

Post by astroidmist » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:45 am

So I've been playing with the demo of Harmor. I like the sounds but I'm kind of stumped on the interface. What do you guys think about it? Are there some good tutorial videos you'd recommend for it? Any overall tips on how to best use it?

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Re: Harmor-What are your thoughts on it?

Post by tekkentool » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:46 am

I doubt I would ever use it for synth sounds but sample modulation sure.

astroidmist

Post by astroidmist » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 am

I spent the last couple of days really digging into the Harmor demo interface and studying some tutorial/demo videos.

Then I saw there is a sale on Harmor at 50% to the first 999 people before the end of Jan 2012 so I went ahead and got it. I had some trouble with my bank accepting the purchase from overseas, but I got it!

I'm really psyched up because I think it's a really good purchase. Spending the time to learn the demo was really worth it.

It's got some unusual capabilities and the filters and oscillator import options are really good. The presets are limited, but it comes with tons of swappable envelope/arp templates and I can import my Toxic Biohazard and Surge oscillators so it's all good.

I figured out how to get good bass sounds out of it, and some of the pad presets are really nice, so for $75 it was definately worth it to bring my computer studio up a few notches in terms of quality.

I have to learn a bit more about additive synthesis, but it's all good. I got over the biggest hump in the learning curve already.

Why am I saying all this stuff? Not to brag. I just want to let you guys know, if you are not sure if you should get it... I think you should get it. It's pretty versatile and can sound great.

But yeah, if anybody wants to share tips on how to use it or get better sounds, please post!

cgren72

Post by cgren72 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:04 pm

I was stumped with harmor when i first got it too. I am more used to it now, and i agree that it can make some pretty good sounds. Its built in delay is also pretty good and simple. I have made some pretty good digital* sounds, but it can surely make popular "analog" sounds too. i think this synth showcases its drawable envelopes, which arent that great for me at the moment because i play "sound on, sound off" but the synth is worth the money, even without using the envelopes.
But no, i dont have any demo clips or anything, but its good to see someone else on this forum using this good synth.