Digital Synsations from UVI !

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Digital Synsations from UVI !

Post by D-Collector » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Digital Synsations includes over 500 patches expertly programmed on a fully restored Yamaha SY77, Korg M1, Roland D50 and Ensoniq VFX.
Looks and sounds nice. Do we finally have some sort of worthy D-50 and SY77 inspired soft-rompler here?
Anyway, I love that era of synths so it is tempting!

http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/di ... tions.html

Python Blue
Gear: Roland JV2080, Korg TR-Rack, Korg M1 VST, Korg Wavestation VST, Native Instruments Kontakt, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, etc.
Band: Python Blue

Re: Digital Synsations from UVI !

Post by Python Blue » Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Speaking as someone desperate for the D50 sound, I certainly hope it's a faithful emulation, unlike, say, EmulationTwo, which only ported a few EII samples, among other iffy things. The M1 recreation was not necessary, though: Korg themselves beat UVI to it with the Korg Legacy Collection VST's.
Python Blue - composer

Official Website
Bandcamp

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

FYI:

I got an email today from JRR Shop that you can get Digital Synsations free with purchase of any non-UVI product. Supposedly it will auto-magicly correct the price in the cart. Regular price is $99.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 pm

unless shown otherwise, i think its samples of the presets.

desmond

Post by desmond » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Ashe37 wrote:unless shown otherwise, i think its samples of the presets.
No, I think it's samples of newly created sounds. They can't sample the famous presets than require samples because of copyright restrictions, so they've done sounds on the synths which don't use the recognisable samples and then sampled those sounds.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:55 pm

What's your evidence for that? I can't find any statement on the UVI site. The truth is there are no copyright restrictions on the presets. The restriction is on the waveforms recorded in the ROM, that's treated as a sound recording for copyright purposes. Roland used to be very active in restricting samples of their machines, but seem to have stopped.

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 pm

From my experience with UVI's tools, and especially where this is concerned, they'll have sampled all the bog-standard presets, and also added many of their own creations.

I also believe (feel free to ask them directly, they're responsive) they have secured the rights to use any factory samples or presets on those machines (if applicable), as I believe the UVI libraries I own quite similar to this one are of that same flavor -- standard presets as well as new creations.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome