Maschine Studio Coming Soon

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
bluntedcircuit
Gear: machinedrum, mpc1000, blofeld, maschine, kp3, esq1, ms20, ableton

Re: Maschine Studio Coming Soon

Post by bluntedcircuit » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:34 am

About the complaints over update costs - as an early user I don't feel ripped off. I've recieved a number of significant updates free of charge, I knew that whenever they rolled over to 2.0 that it'd cost me. That's the way it goes with software. Development costs money, simple as that. With hardware for the most part what buy is it - want more features you buy the next model up. h**l just look at the akai os of the mpc1000 vs the 2500, the difference in price between the two at launch, and how years later the jjos revealed how much of the exclusive s**t of 2500 could have been done on the 1000 all a long

Just because a new version came out doesn't stop you from making music on the old version you felt was worth spending money on.

That aside I'm not sure I care about this update, I'm still using a mk1. I like the multithreading but other then that I only see myself throwing money at this if I buy another computer

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:50 am

as i basically said earlier, if you're running it on any computer made in the last eight years or so, you'll benefit from the multithreading. Pentium Ds and later (Core2Duo/Quad, i3/i5/i7) are all multi-core machines and will benefit from this, you'll see a very significant performance improvement. I doubt anyone is running it on a machine old enough to *not* make use of it.

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:43 pm

As I said, it makes sense to charge the MK1 users for this; it is not fair to charge MK2 users. Had they said when they launched the MK2 a year ago that they were working on a huge update planned for release in the same year that would likely cost you additional money if you bought it at launch, do you think people would have bought it? If they were charging this $100 to everybody, I would be cool with it, but the fact that you can buy the exact same hardware package we all bought over the last year and get this for free, doesn't sit right with me. It's almost like they launched the MK2 sooner than they should have with only some of the updates planned for it, and now they are dropping what should have been the finished product in the first place and cashing in on it on the backs of early buyers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Maschine as is without this update, just feels a little exploitative on the part of NI. Granted, it's only $100, but it still feels like a dig.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm

I bought Maschine MKII about 2 months ago, new blue face plate and all + stand etc :-(
Anyways a friend runs a music store where i bought my MKII and said i could have the Maschine Studio at the price he gets them in for.
He tells me he expects them in friday ready to ship on monday so i should have one on tuesday next week. In the meantime i'll just sell my MKII and be done with it. Was pretty miffed at first but that's N.I for you.
Anyways i'm looking forward to this and checking it out :-)

Rob

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 pm

rob_lee wrote:Was pretty miffed at first but that's N.I for you.
Hardly the first time NI has stiffed their users...noone remembers the Kore debacle? Or Pro-53, or B4?

I vowed a long time ago I was done with buying NI products.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 pm

After this whole 'pay for the software upgrade' thing for previous buyers of the MK2 hardware I likely won't be giving them any more of my money either.

I also bought that damn stand, Rob. It works for what it is, but $75+ for it.....meh.

Guess they need to battle the piracy thing, but raping their paying customers doesn't seem the best way of going about it.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:27 am

Infinity Curve wrote:After this whole 'pay for the software upgrade' thing for previous buyers of the MK2 hardware I likely won't be giving them any more of my money either.

I also bought that damn stand, Rob. It works for what it is, but $75+ for it.....meh.

Guess they need to battle the piracy thing, but raping their paying customers doesn't seem the best way of going about it.
Yeah and the custom plates cost a bit then the prices were slashed only recently.. anyways i wouldn't have been getting the new Maschine Studio if i wasn't getting it at trade price (not sure what that is yet) but it'll be quite a bit off plus i was in the middle of a Maschine expansion so i'll finish that inside the new hardware/software..

Even got the leather mashine bag and UDG soft case i'll put on Ebay as a bundle this week i have the Blue plate too :-)

Sleep time 3:30am :-)

Rob

Joshy

Post by Joshy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:36 am

meatballfulton wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Was pretty miffed at first but that's N.I for you.
Hardly the first time NI has stiffed their users...noone remembers the Kore debacle? Or Pro-53, or B4?

I vowed a long time ago I was done with buying NI products.
Luckily I held off on Kore, and apparently Kore isn't even supported by Maschine 2.0 as a plugin. I'm thinking I won't be getting any other NI products from everything I've seen.
Yeah, I got the MK II with the stand as well.. and all the expansion packs too.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Iv'e just been told that the Maschine Studio units have arrived in a friends store (UK) not sure when elsewhere so these must be out tomorrow and i should have mine, as soon as he sends another email to confirm this i'll put my MKII straight on ebay for a quick sale.

I opted for the black one this time around looks pretty nice :-)
I sent them an email 4 days go (N.I support) to deregister my MKII hardware but no reply yet.. for a big company they are very slow but never mind.

Rob