arturia v collection 2, upgrade to v collection 3???

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute
Band: sesame street gangsters

arturia v collection 2, upgrade to v collection 3???

Post by corndogssg » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 am

just saw meatballs post about arturia's 15 year half off deal on their v collection 3 for two bills. I swear it was only 200 earlier this year too when I checked it out. I got given an arturia v collection 2 from a friend a while ago, and I have the analog lab which came with my keylab midi keyboard I got last year. is the volume 3 collection just the same as the volume 2 but just with a few more synths added, or did they make improvements on the ones that are in the volume 2 collection?

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Re: arturia v collection 2, upgrade to v collection 3???

Post by silikon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Thus far, Arturia has provided updates to all their instruments free of charge; the update from 2 to 3 is simply more instruments.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute

Post by corndogssg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 am

Thats what I thought. Thank you! So the Jupiter8 in volume two is just the same as in volume 3 for instance right?

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:07 am

Thats what I thought. Thank you! So the Jupiter8 in volume two is just the same as in volume 3 for instance right?

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Correct. If you have V2, you can update to the same version as V3; all updates are, and have been free of charge. The difference between the two are new instruments and sound banks/etc...

If you want to know the specific instruments, I'd drop them an email -- I've had pretty good response from their support staff when it's been needed.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

gridsleep
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Das Vorlagengehirn
Band: Big Steam Horse

Post by gridsleep » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 pm

As mentioned, and I confirm, all the older instruments in the V3 are the same exactly as in V2. If you have all the V2 instruments, upgrading to V3 will only give you three new things, the Wurlitzer V, the Spark Vintage Drum Machines, and the new Analog Lab which is not to be confused with the Analog Laboratory, which you also get but is also the original not an upgrade. The Factory and Laboratories are more S&S so I don't consider them in the same category as the analog simulations. I upgraded when the special price was $100 and initially felt severely ripped off because nothing on Arturia's site indicates that the V3 instruments are exactly the same as the V2. The promotional copy is all geared toward luring new customers in to getting the V3, or V2 customers to getting upgrades. There is not one word about the V3 being only about 15% V3 and the rest still all the V2. I confronted Arturia about that and they replied it was all clearly outlined on the web site, but that, basically, is also a lie. Still, for $100 the Wurlitzer and Spark Vintage aren't bad. But I'm not going to be buying anything from Arturia from now on. It feels too much like bending over and saying "Ah."
Nymph, in thy orisons be all my synths remembered.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 am

thanks guys, that is what I thought too. if I didn't have the v2 collection I would spend 200 on the v3.

after reading your last reply I read the part about the synth being in the bathtub and laughed. I have a synth in my bathtub right now, it is all packed and ready to ship out to an ebay buyer, and I figured that would be the best out of the way space for it till Monday. cheers :D