My favourite synth goes soft- Virtual CZ

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
desmond

Re: My favourite synth goes soft- Virtual CZ

Post by desmond » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Nice article (thanks for digging that one up) - shame it's almost too small to read...

I did contact him about my site in the hope he might wish to contribute but he never responded. Hopefully we'll get better versions in time! :tu:

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:31 pm

That's odd, I found them readable, and my eyes are by no means not perfect. Did you click on the images? It will load a very readable higher res version.

desmond

Post by desmond » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:56 pm

madtheory wrote:That's odd, I found them readable, and my eyes are by no means not perfect. Did you click on the images? It will load a very readable higher res version.
Ok - when I click on the images, there's a javascript fullscreen viewer that popups up, and it displays the images barely bigger than the article embedded versions - in other words, it won't display articles at the full size, or allow zooming or anything (which is why I thought that was the max image size).

However, if I do some right-click shenanigans from the viewer, and I can open the full versions in a new tab and that's indeed the high res - I just couldn't easily display a large version with the interface they provide. At least now it's readable - thanks!

Edit: stil couldn't get the first page - turns out, disabling javascript was the solution that just let me load the large versions without that awful viewer scaling them down.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 am

You must be using Internet Explorer :p ;)

desmond

Post by desmond » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:17 pm

madtheory wrote:You must be using Internet Explorer :p ;)
Shudder - those days are long gone. :lol:
Same behaviour in Safari, Chrome & Firefox. I think that's a decent selection of modern browsers!

Anyway, nevermind, read it, it's good to see some Cosmo stuff around, for a long time it seemed to be this mythical thing that occasionally got mentioned but never seen...

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes it's pretty amazing. I'd love to see a demo of it, particularly the ZZ-1. I completely missed that Toshio Kashio had died. What a productive life though.

desmond

Post by desmond » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:45 am

madtheory wrote:Yes it's pretty amazing. I'd love to see a demo of it, particularly the ZZ-1.
And also why the main "synthesiser" units actually have sampling inputs - presumably they are sampling and deriving waveforms for use with the PD system.
madtheory wrote:I completely missed that Toshio Kashio had died. What a productive life though.
Yes, most of those Japanese music companies - Casio, Roland, Korg etc - are very much founded and driven by passionate, committed and super-smart individuals. They achieved so much.

rsaintjohn
Gear: Roland System 100, 500 & 8. Casio CZ & HT; Moog Sub37 & Minitaur. Korg minilogue. Yamaha MK-100. Ensoniq ESQ-1.
Band: ceeZED

Post by rsaintjohn » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:14 am

FYI: 24 hour Virtual CZ sale at Plugin Boutique. 50% off, US $49.50 (£33.36). 24 HOURS ONLY, expires Dec 29th @ 6pm ET (midnight UK?). Probably only the third time this year I've seen it on sale, so if you're sitting on the fence, this is the best time to buy.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... -VirtualCZ

Robert
--
Robert Saint John
Cleveland, OH USA