Arturia major problems anyone else?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
ejlif
Gear: Roland V synth Waldorf Q Roland Juno 106 MOOg slim phatty, Elektron analog 4, DSI P12, MS20 mini, Virus TI, Novation BSII,
Band: ejlif

Arturia major problems anyone else?

Post by ejlif » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 am

I have the Arturia collection I paid for it downloaded it to my desktop and laptop. I keep getting issues saying that it's running in demo mode, also doing weird glitchy stuff, I had to close live 9 down last time I tried to use it. I don't have issues like this with any other products. Just curious if anyone else was having issues. I am getting the same random type problems when I run it on either computer so that makes me think it's more of a problem they have and others would be seeing the same things. The tech support is a joke too, they didn't answer my questions about this for a month. I'm just about over them what a c**p product in my opinion.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Re: Arturia major problems anyone else?

Post by Ashe37 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:48 am

I haven't had any issues like that, either on the stuff using the hardware key or the newer stuff.

What else do your multiple systems have in common? what firewall and antivirus?

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Although I must admit their tech support emails seem to fall by the wayside the one or two times I've had to email them, I can say without equivocation that I've never had a problem with stability or licensing issues on any of their plugs. Ever. I can't say the same about many others.

You should post more detailed information of your problems and environment so people here might be able to get you on your way. Alternatively, you can keep badgering Arturia until you get a human...
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Same here, very reliable. Maybe the issue is with your license- is it licensed for more than one machine?

Ashe37
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r

Post by Ashe37 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 pm

yeah i think there is an 'issue' with moving back and forth between multiple machines

ejlif
Gear: Roland V synth Waldorf Q Roland Juno 106 MOOg slim phatty, Elektron analog 4, DSI P12, MS20 mini, Virus TI, Novation BSII,

Post by ejlif » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:02 pm

I was thinking maybe it had to do with it being on two machines but I cleared that with them when I made the purchase and they said no problem.

It's really hard to get a specific on it other than to say randomly that it will just say thank you for using demo mode is over on an occasion. Many times it has been open for days on end and no problems. Last time I tried to open the Jupiter 8 plug in it immediately brought up the demo mode window and was flashing and gitchy and made my host unresponsive and I had to force quit. Worst part is I am afraid to put much work in to a patch as it becomes un savable if it goes in to demo mode during.

I'm not that tech savy with all this stuff so I'm not sure if I should just uninstall it from my drive and then re load the whole thing and re authorize? I'd hate to take a chance on losing anything that I use in some of my music. I haven't used a lot of Arturia but I have used some. At this point I don't think I'll bother using it again. What a waste for me and what a terrible customer service to deal with.

Ashe37
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r

Post by Ashe37 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 pm

what OS? What antivirus? what firewall? there are several elements we've asked that you're not giving us

Also: this licensing system is new and yes, apparently has occasional problems when on multiple machines.

tell us again how horrible hardware keys are, someone

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Hardware keys are horrible! :mrgreen:

Another Arturia user with no issues, but I am on only one computer.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:04 pm

They don't use hardware license dongles anymore, but e-licenser. You basically install a software that stays in the background and check every time you start on of their programs if it's legal or not.

This system is so bothersome for "hackers" that the biggest music/vst cracker group h2o issued a statement that they wouldnt be cracking steinberg/arturia vst's anymore because every code change made their dongle emulator useless.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes Ryan, tell us the OS.

When this has happened to me before (Mac OS X) it's either a mistake I've made, or elicenser is not up to date with the OS version, or the plugin is not up to date, or once it was a permissions problem.

Have you googled known issues with multiple machines?

Ashe37
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r

Post by Ashe37 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:40 pm

just a note, VCollection 4 does not use eLiscencer.

ejlif

Post by ejlif » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 pm

OS 10.9.1

I'm not sure what Firewall, I haven't done anything to change that other than what comes standard on a Mac. I have one iMac machine I use and one laptop machine I use. One iMac is in my living room and is pretty much always on and the studio laptop is usually always on too. I don't know if maybe it's an issue of they are both running an Arturia plug at the same time and you can't do that?

The frustrating thing is that it is so hit and miss as to when it won't work. I can have it bring up the demo window shut it down and start it right back up again and it will work for days. I have loaded and re loaded like they said but they just keep giving me the same instructions. I'm not going to keep doing that. It's a bummer I'm kind of getting to the point where I just won't bother with the Arturia plugs anymore because of all this.

Personally I'd rather just have the iLok. I have no problems ever with anything on my iLok. It's pretty damn annoying when you pay for software legit and you get treated like you are trying to steal it or something. I talked to these guys about it before I made the purchase and they assured me I can run it on two machines. I'm sure it's got to have something to do with it trying to run at the same time on two machines seems like the only issue being that no one else is having the problem. I will try and make a point to not having it up on both machines at the same time and see if that fixes it.

Ashe37
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r

Post by Ashe37 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:07 pm

well, it was a eliscencer key, not an ilok, but anyway...

do you ever have it open on two machines at the same time? I think you can have it *installed* on two machines, not *running*...

It is also possible that the protection check and response is random, and that's why it not working seems random to you.

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:08 pm

ejlif wrote:OS 10.9.1

I'm not sure what Firewall, I haven't done anything to change that other than what comes standard on a Mac. I have one iMac machine I use and one laptop machine I use. One iMac is in my living room and is pretty much always on and the studio laptop is usually always on too. I don't know if maybe it's an issue of they are both running an Arturia plug at the same time and you can't do that?

The frustrating thing is that it is so hit and miss as to when it won't work. I can have it bring up the demo window shut it down and start it right back up again and it will work for days. I have loaded and re loaded like they said but they just keep giving me the same instructions. I'm not going to keep doing that. It's a bummer I'm kind of getting to the point where I just won't bother with the Arturia plugs anymore because of all this.

Personally I'd rather just have the iLok. I have no problems ever with anything on my iLok. It's pretty damn annoying when you pay for software legit and you get treated like you are trying to steal it or something. I talked to these guys about it before I made the purchase and they assured me I can run it on two machines. I'm sure it's got to have something to do with it trying to run at the same time on two machines seems like the only issue being that no one else is having the problem. I will try and make a point to not having it up on both machines at the same time and see if that fixes it.

You'd have to ask Arturia, but I think you can have it on two machines, but running (running, not installed) on one alone. The way the licensing software works is the minute you start the application, it polls the eLincenser servers for authorization. If both are running, I'd probably venture a guess that it could cause problems. If you run one at a time, you shouldn't have a problem.

As per their FAQ:

"Please note that the new Activation Code should not be considered as a 2nd license but as a replacement one. This does not grant you the right to operate your virtual instrument on two computers simultaneously; such use of this code would go against the End User License Agreement terms."

Which tells me that you can have it INSTALLED on two machines, but never running simultaneously on both. Your best course of action is likely to uninstall it from your second machine (not your studio machine), and email them for a secondary auth key for your second machine, so you can then re-install correctly -- and use when you're not using your primary system.

Or, uninstall from one machine completely and do away with the complexity. The software is great, it runs stable, but you can't end-around their licensing requirements.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Post by ranzee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:05 am

What is with the "You only have 4 activations left" s**t?

My hardware gear doesn't have the problem that is tied to updating hard-drives in PCs/Macs or even replacing computers with newer ones and then having to re-activate your software. Oh, I should buy a dongle? Why? It uses up valuable USB ports, and costs more money.

This activation stuff is c**p.