Alchemy Returns inside Logic X 10.2

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.
meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Alchemy Returns inside Logic X 10.2

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 am

Here's the full story from Create Digtial Music.

Camel Audio closed up shop a few months back and rumors were flying that they had been bought by Apple. That appears to be confirmed. Alchemy is now part of Logic (at $199, $50 cheaper than Alchemy used to sell for by itself) and even Mainstage (at $30 this is ridiculous).

Of course, it makes Alchemy now off limits to Windows users and Mac users will need to upgrade to Yosemite if they haven't already.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

MitchK1989

Re: Alchemy Returns inside Logic X 10.2

Post by MitchK1989 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:41 pm

is there anyway to use the logic alchemy inside a different OSX host? I only use live or numerology.

desmond

Post by desmond » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:03 am

MitchK1989 wrote:is there anyway to use the logic alchemy inside a different OSX host? I only use live or numerology.
No directly, as it is not a plugin.

But you can use it within Logic or Mainstage, and send in MIDI from another host - in effect, using it as a standalone instrument with your other DAW of choice.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes. Plenty of video tutorials out there that show you how to use Mainstage with Ableton or Pro Tools.

Now I need to go find out how to get Mainstage to see all of the preset libraries I bought for the old version of Alchemy...

desmond

Post by desmond » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:21 pm

madtheory wrote:Now I need to go find out how to get Mainstage to see all of the preset libraries I bought for the old version of Alchemy...
All your Alchemy 1.x libraries show up in Alchemy 2.0 in the "Legacy Content" browser tab, you don't have to do anything special.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Not showing up on mine. I think I may have messed up the directory path. Do you know where they get installed by default? So I can put them back!

desmond

Post by desmond » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 pm

madtheory wrote:Not showing up on mine. I think I may have messed up the directory path. Do you know where they get installed by default? So I can put them back!
/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/

In there, there is a "Presets" folder for the patch library, and a "Samples" folder for the associated samples.

Each library has a named subfolder in Patches (and Samples if it has samples) for their content.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks. Finally got around to digging out the Time Machine disk to restore it.