PG-800 Mini for Roland JX8P, JX10P, and MKS-70

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

PG-800 Mini for Roland JX8P, JX10P, and MKS-70

Postby neanalog » Sat May 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I just built a PG-800 clone for Roland JX-8P, JX-10P, and MKS-70 synthesizers. You can check out some pics here. This gallery contains pics of a unit installed into a JX10, as well as pics of the external unit. The dimensions are 4.5" x 7" x 1.5" for the external unit. The firmware is based on http://www.poesboes.com/index.html?./po ... index.html by Bas Van Dam. programmed processors are available for the price of the uP and shipping if anyone wants that. Please be aware that the firmware on Bas' processors will not work with these PCBs. Those are intended for the original PG-800 from Roland.

It's available in a few different formats. I am offering bare PCBs & graphic overlays (with BOM), fully assembled & tested boards with graphic overlays, and a fully assembled unit in an external enclosure & DIN cable. The programmer fits into the chassis of the JX8P and JX-10P if you want to install it into the synth itself. (Drill template is included with kit) The parameter being controlled is shown on the screen of the synth when you move a knob. I have provisions on the PCB for MIDI in/out/thru, though there is currently no firmware support for those. If you're an adventurous DIY-er, you can play around with that.
I am taking orders for these now, and will be mailing out the first production run in about 4 weeks.

The pricing scheme is as follows: Bare PCB, schematic, programmed processor chip, graphic overlay, BOM, and drill template , manual- $99. (Requires SMD soldering)

Assembled & tested board with drill template, manual and graphic overlay $250

Fully assembled and tested external unit with manual & 5' DIN cable - $350

If you're interested in getting one, please PM me. I'm trying to buy the parts for this in bulk, so I'm taking pre-orders for the next couple of weeks.
Last edited by neanalog on Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neanalog

Re: PG-800 Mini for Roland JX8P, JX10P, and MKS-70

Postby Jonilj » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Only here to say that it looks brilliant, good job!
Jonilj

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods