Yamaha TX16W – custom ram expansion batch offer

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Yamaha TX16W – custom ram expansion batch offer

Postby teevee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 pm

I recently got myself a Yamaha TX16W with one standard Yamaha EMM15 pre-installed and I like to max-out my devices, even thought that it is not always necessary especially not in this case, due to that Typhoon 2000 is using the 1.5 mb pre-installed ram very well. To my surprise I found out that the price for these EMM15 cards used are 50 – 100 €, which is absurd for 1.5 mb ram expansion.

I found out that other users have managed to make custom installations too, which requires a bit technical know-how:

Examples:
http://www.sonicware.de/tx16w/tx16wmem.html
http://madtheory.com/site/muki-pakesch-tx16w-archive/ < Zip file under the folder “memory”

Long story short. I spoke with an online friend, who is able to produce and assemble these custom ram expansions for Yamaha TX16w, but with an improved design, where the end-user has 2 x 30 pins socket with the possibility to exchange the 30-pin SIMM (You can example insert 2 x 4 mb and then your Yamaha TX16W is maxed out on ram with 6 mb, due to how the pins will be addressed).

My friend told me, that I need to raise a batch of minimum 15 before and the price would be around 40-45 £ maybe pr. Device and cheaper if the batch is higher.

Anyone interested or maybe know someone, who would be?

Note, this will only be a one-time offer due to that my interest is only there as long as i want to expand my Yamaha TX16W :) This topic is a “interest feeler” to see if it would make sense to make this batch and I will spread this topic across different forums to reach out users.

Any questions and inputs are very welcome :)
teevee

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods