Sick FS1R

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Sick FS1R

Postby romain » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello guys,

Thanks to rasputin on this forum who gave us the schematics, i think i may have found the possible malfunctioning chip on my FS1R.

For a long time now, the user memory presets haven't been working well. Even after a factory reset, i get "@@@@@@@@@" for all the presets and after a while (and also randomly) my lcd screen starts blinking, i have problems playing notes, receiving midi information, transpose is at the maximum... Anyway, it's a big mess.

I discovered the service test mode with the schematics and apparently, there is a problem with the RAM (only once was it "NG" as in not good)

Do you think that the problem comes from IC2 (DRAM) and/or IC3 (SRAM) ? Is there a way to change those chips if i can find them ?

Or do you maybe have better ideas ?

I have already changed the battery and bought a EPROM with the OS upgraded but there's no change at all.
romain

Gear: Elektron Machinedrum / Octatrack
Evolver
FS1R

Re: Sick FS1R

Postby sneakthief » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:47 am

Did you check the psu voltages?
sneak-thief: raw electrofunk!
http://sneak-thief.com
sneakthief

Postby romain » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 am

Hi

Thanks for your answer. A friend checked and said that it was ok. But i will do it again when i get back the proper tool for that and tell you the voltages.
What should be the proper voltage mesures ? And what do you mean by psu (sorry i m quite bad with electronic)
romain

Evolver
FS1R

Postby romain » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:15 am

Hi again

I did the maesurements myself and where i should have 12 v, i get +11,92 v and -11,93 v

For the 5v, i get exactly 5v.

Do you think the voltages are ok or should i have exactly +12V and -12V ?
romain

Evolver
FS1R

Postby madtheory » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:10 am

Those voltages are fine. I really think you should refer this to a good technician. The FS1R is a very complicated machine if you don't understand "psu", and certainly worth the shipping and repair costs. If you want to learn electronics that's great, we can help you out with that. But an FS1R is not the place to start. Walk before you run :)
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Postby romain » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Ok
Thanks for the answer.
Oh yes, i certainly don't want to start improving and practice my electronic knowledge with my FS1R. I have some friends who are very better than me but i don't know where to guide them to find and solve the problem.

In France, apparently its quite difficult to find a qualified technician who can manage this kind of gear. I tried to contact Yamaha and they told me to check companies who repairs washing machine and stuff like that ...

Anyway if you have another ideas guys, i would be very happy.
romain

Evolver
FS1R

Postby madtheory » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Post a new topic asking for French synth tech. They are DEFINITELY around :)
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods