Roland AXIS-1 Power supply recreation

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Roland AXIS-1 Power supply recreation

Postby Galaxy Hunter » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi,

Some years ago here at the forum some one wanted to build the Roland AXIS-1 powers supply. I wonder if he succeeded...

I started to build my own power supply as my Axis -1 will arrive soon from the USA without it, unfortunately.
I assume it will cost me around 50USD as for materials. Lots of time.
I still haven't got the pedal switch for sustain. I am trying to get one though.

You can see the whole story at my webpage

http://www.galaxyhunter.type.pl/index.p ... r=category
Galaxy Hunter

Re: Roland AXIS-1 Power supply recreation

Postby Galaxy Hunter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:32 pm

I have made the circuit and turned it on. So far so good. Stabilised Voltage 10+ appeared where it should be.
I have to buy some LED's still. I painted the housing and I am going to order labels for Roland Axis designations. It then will look very similar to the original.

Details are on my webpage:
http://www.galaxyhunter.type.pl/index.p ... r=category
Galaxy Hunter

Postby Galaxy Hunter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:51 pm

The recreation of Roland Axis-1 Power Supply is almost finished. The one is extremely hard to to find anywhere. I haven't seen the one alone without the keytar. On the other hand there are lots of keytars without the box.
Almost complete. I wait for logos and the side panels to dry.
My version is having the same sockets, pedal for sustain and upgraded power switch with possibility to use standard power cables.
It was realy handicraft, no molding, laser cutting or so. Next units will be much easier to create as this time I had to invent most of the connections from scratch.

Galaxy Hunter

Postby Galaxy Hunter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am

Here is a pair of my recreation and the original power supply which came from the USA recently.
Mine is like a big brother but looks quite similar.
Next step is building a mould for the sidepanels, I need to find a way to recreate the ruuber black panels so I can copy more of the stuff.
Galaxy Hunter

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods