New Synth Poster - every synth ever made !

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

New Synth Poster - every synth ever made !

Postby OliSynthEvolution » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi there,

As a fellow synth fan, I thought you’d be interested to know that I’ve just completed the production of a poster featuring (virtually) every synth made between 1963 and 1995. Yes, really! Over 275 hand illustrated synths arranged in chronological order.

It seemed like something that might be of interest to the good folk of this board! :-)

www.SynthEvolution.net

Like I say - it's synths all the way. There are no drum machines, samplers, electric pianos / organs, home keyboards or FX.

It's synths all the way, baby!

It starts in 1963 with the Moog Modular and Buchla 100; the circle is completed in 1995 with the introduction of the first physical modelling synths, the Yamaha CS1x and Korg Prophecy.

I hope you enjoy checking it out!
OliSynthEvolution

Re: New Synth Poster - every synth ever made !

Postby ItsMeOnly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 am

OliSynthEvolution wrote:Yes, really! Over 275 hand illustrated synth

...out of several thousand...

Not what I call "every".
Plus: CS1x is not physical modeling, it's S+S - MU50 with additional wave ROM and matrix interface nearly literally nailed onto it. Prophecy wasn't even the first. You are thinking about VL1 and JP-8000.
ItsMeOnly

Gear: Wavestation, K3m, TG77, MOXF6, D-550, S2000, DeepMind 12;
Broken: DX100, 01R/W, U-220

Postby OliSynthEvolution » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Hey, thanks for your comments!

Yes - I meant VL1, typo there. :oops:

But I think you'd be surprised about the actual quantity of production synths up to the early 90's. If you factor in every kit and custom built synth, then possibly yes, but counting any synth made at production quantities (which is the stated parameters), then I do think the number is in the hundreds, not thousands.

Also - and I don't know if you actually checked out the site - but for reasons of aesthetics of the poster and the purpose of illustrating their evolution, there are no rackmount units, home keyboards, electric organs, electric pianos, string machines, samplers, FX units or drum machines.

So I'm really not sure there are 1000s that meet this criteria - but I'm happy to look at a list of that many if you have one! :-)
OliSynthEvolution

Postby coldwar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:19 am

I think it is cool :) Good job buddy. Did you ever set up a printing and offer it for sale?
coldwar

Postby OliSynthEvolution » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Hey coldwar,

Cheers for that - yes, the poster is definitely available as a print in black or white, and it's available to buy from: http://synthevolution.net

Shipping worldwide and looks great on a studio or home wall! :-)
OliSynthEvolution

Postby coldwar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Perfect. Thanks for the info. I have a couple of friends that will probably get one as well. Keep on jamming and drawing :)
coldwar

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods