DIY Kurzweil K2500 P/RAM expansion boards - any takers?

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

DIY Kurzweil K2500 P/RAM expansion boards - any takers?

Postby dojoe » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Howdy,

so as jojo already mentioned I made a parameter RAM expansion module compatible with the Kurzweil K2500 because we didn't think people should have to pay upwards of 100$ for an extension that's 10 bucks worth of parts at today's technology.

I just open-sourced that card today - check out the README on GitHub for details. I figure not everyone wants to build this card from scratch though, so I thought maybe people are interested in a tiny production run :) I suspect that demand for this will be way less than for the MRAM cards we made, but maybe there are still a few people who might be interested.

So here's the deal: When I order boards and parts for the next batch of MRAM cards, I'm going to order boards and parts for these P/RAM cards. I will order and manufacture as many cards as I find takers for. Price wise, I'm thinking 20€ per card, plus 5€ for worldwide shipping (no insurance, no tracking).

So, any takers?

Questions and answers:

Question wrote:Does this also work in the K2000, or in the K2600?

Nope. K2500 only. The K2000 or K2600 P/RAM cards are completely different.

Question wrote:How well has your card been tested?

It works fine in jojo's K2500 - that's 100% success rate so far ;)
Seriously though, the design is dead simple so if it works in one K2500, it'll work in all of them unless there's something wrong with the synth.
dojoe

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods